Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeMac

Default Need bandsaw tire, Ottawa area

Hello;

I'm looking for a replacement rubber tire for my Rigid Bandsaw... my top
rubber tires seems to been stretched so much, that it tracks off under
pressure. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

When I replace a bandsaw tire, I always replace both unless one is
obviously damage from something like a broken blade.

I don't know anything about the Ottawa area, but these guys have the
best deal I have found on the internet for actual urethane tires.

They are about half the price of others considering they are selling
two tire, not one.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10783

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

If they are in reasonable condition and not stretched to the point
where they are hanging loose you may wish to try regluing them. You can
use 3M weatherstrip adhesive for this.

The Know-It-All Canadian Tire couple. Robatoy Woodworking 18 January 3rd 06 05:22 PM
OT - Rotations of a low tire? Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 57 August 25th 05 04:27 AM
band saw tire darkon Woodworking 26 August 10th 05 04:51 PM
New bandsaw saga Part I (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:39 PM
Tuning a Bandsaw George Metalworking 3 September 16th 03 11:59 PM