Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Default Springs in DW625 Router

I used to have my 625 in my router table. A few years ago I removed the
spring to allow for easier adjustment. I have now since put a PC in the
table and use the 625 for some other hand held stuff.
The thing is I have no idea how to put the spring back in Can someone
shed some lite on this for me.

Thanks
-Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Whoopsie. Upend the router, Note the orientation and remove the base
by removing the slip-nut adjuster and releasing the lever. Clean the
dust out of the body. There should be some brass ferrules that'll slip
into the ends of the springs that slip into the router body's slider
tubes. Lightly grease the outside of the base stanchions and slide the
things over the springs into the router body. Piece 'o cake. Tom

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Rob V" wrote in message
ink.net...
I used to have my 625 in my router table. A few years ago I removed the
spring to allow for easier adjustment. I have now since put a PC in the
table and use the 625 for some other hand held stuff.
The thing is I have no idea how to put the spring back in Can someone
shed some lite on this for me.

Umm, use the same rational that you did when you removed it.

Or visit the DeWalt web site. They have PDF. files with blow up drawings.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:19:56 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

I used to have my 625 in my router table. A few years ago I removed the
spring to allow for easier adjustment. I have now since put a PC in the
table and use the 625 for some other hand held stuff.
The thing is I have no idea how to put the spring back in Can someone
shed some lite on this for me.

I have the instruction from a router raizer which shows how to
disassemble said router, I suppose I could scan a PDF and post it to
the binary group or email it.

Mark
note below for email
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark:

I could really use the PDF with instructions on how to do this. Mine
has the springs still in it, and it has been sitting at the same
settings for so long the whole machine is is stiff and full of
powdered shavings (upside down in the table), and I don't want to force
something I don't have to to get the springs out.

If you get around to scanning and making a PDF, would you please email
me a copy at:

Just take the SPACES out. My reader isn't all that reliable to get the
binaries from the group, so an emailed PDF would be a great favor to
me.

Thanks!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On 25 Jan 2006 22:17:20 -0800, wrote:

I could really use the PDF with instructions on how to do this

Done and done, goodluck

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Thanks for everyone help.
Brain farts suck sometimes!

-R

"Rob V" wrote in message
ink.net...
I used to have my 625 in my router table. A few years ago I removed the
spring to allow for easier adjustment. I have now since put a PC in the
table and use the 625 for some other hand held stuff.
The thing is I have no idea how to put the spring back in Can someone
shed some lite on this for me.

Thanks
-Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark:

Thanks a million for the PDF! It was just what I needed (details!) and
I will be operating on the router this weekend to get it back where I
want it.

One more time - thanks!

Robert