Posted to rec.woodworking
Pawel

Default will grizzly glue hold on poliurethan finish

I am about finished with my book case, it seems to be really nice, but i
have a question for the finish run. The constructin is quite complitcated so
it would be easier to do 220 sandings between poliurethan before it will be
assembled. I was planning to put first coat then do final sanding, assemble
it and put the final coat on ready piece. Is it reasonable or will the first
layer of poly weaken the glue? thanks for all the help i hope to post the
finished picture of my first achievement soon ;-)

pawel

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

I'd recommend taping off your joinery before finishing. then taping off
your finish before glueing. I think. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pawel

Thanks a lot, now it seems to me sooo obvious.

pawel

oups.com...