Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default ROLL TOP DESK

http://www.freerolltopdeskplans.com/

JOAT
If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about
Hilary Clinton.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

Amazing! I seem to have that exact same desk as shown in that
picture. I forget the name that was stamped inside it now, but
it was circa 1940's per the serial number, and pulled from an
alley when we lived in Chgo. It was all busted up and had last
been used in the service station where it was thrown out; they
set a tranmsission on it and it finally collapsed on them one day
g, so out it went. The roll part wasn't with it; it had been
removed and put up on a wall in the shop. They gave me that
piece too but I had to pay $25 for it.
It was too messed up for a real antique refurb, so I modified
it, removed the sides,
rebraced/remade/glued/reglued/replaced/sanded/refinished it into
a useful computer desk. I'm sitting at it as I write this. I've
been offered as much as $1200 for it the summer I was working on
it in the garage, by a scraper just driving by who noticed it.
No sale; it's for posterity, I told him.

Memories ...

Pop

"J T" wrote in message
: http://www.freerolltopdeskplans.com/
:
:
:

Desk horizontal JustMe UK diy 6 December 19th 05 02:48 AM
How to attach metal legs to wooden desk Lee Woodworking 3 July 25th 05 04:32 PM
MDF Desk top Robert Rushing Woodworking 8 September 9th 04 03:55 AM
Desk Top suggestion Riley Woodworking 6 March 8th 04 10:30 PM
Where can I find info on desk design? Blue Woodworking 8 November 28th 03 04:54 PM