Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default OT - Big Brother Alert

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had
"covertly" funded a project with U.S. automakers for the past 5 years,
whereby the automakers were installing black-box voice recorders in
4-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine in fatal
accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.
They were surprised to find in 48 of the 50 states the recorded last
words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh ****!" Only
Kentucky was different, where 89.3 percent of the final words we
"Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin'"

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

J T wrote:

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged
they had
"covertly" funded a project with U.S. automakers for the past 5
years, whereby the automakers were installing black-box voice
recorders in 4-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to
determine in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15
seconds before the crash. They were surprised to find in 48 of the
50 states the recorded last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of
fatal crashes were, "Oh ****!" Only Kentucky was different, where
89.3 percent of the final words we "Hold my beer, I'm gonna try
somethin'"

That's pretty damn funny.

"Oh ****" in 48 of 50 states... only Kentucy was different? What's
wrong with this picture?

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Chip Chester

Hmmm.. 48 + 1 = 49.
Which state has no pickups or SUVs, drivers that can't talk,
no fatal crashes, or no US cars?

Is it Ohio, where the last words we
You mean if we invest in these old coins, we can actually make money for the
state?
Cool, let's go play golf. You're buyin'.

Or Wisconsin:
Can you reach back there and hand me that hunk of cheese?
No, just the 3-pounder will do...

Or California:
(insert your quip here....)

(Just kiddin', JOAT.)

Chip

"J T" wrote in message
The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had
"covertly" funded a project with U.S. automakers for the past 5 years,
whereby the automakers were installing black-box voice recorders in
4-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine in fatal
accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.
They were surprised to find in 48 of the 50 states the recorded last
words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh ****!" Only
Kentucky was different, where 89.3 percent of the final words we
"Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin'"

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
Kentucky was different, where 89.3 percent of the final words we
"Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin'"

No-No-No-No,,

The last 4 words spoken by 97.8% of all rednecks;

Hey Y'all, Whatch This!

Tom in KY, seen it done, that's the way it was. You can't hold a beer
and kickstart your antique Komasocky dirt bike! And when your in your
biga$$ 4-by, there are cup holders all over the place. Sheesh! Come to
Kentucky and get educated.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:34:03 GMT, "Chip Chester"
wrote:

Hmmm.. 48 + 1 = 49.
Which state has no pickups or SUVs, drivers that can't talk,
no fatal crashes, or no US cars?

Is it Ohio, where the last words we
You mean if we invest in these old coins, we can actually make money for the
state?
Cool, let's go play golf. You're buyin'.

Just out of curiosity, what's the story that goes with that?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chip Chester

wrote:

Hmmm.. 48 + 1 = 49.
Which state has no pickups or SUVs, drivers that can't talk,
no fatal crashes, or no US cars?

Is it Ohio, where the last words we
You mean if we invest in these old coins, we can actually make money for

the
state?
Cool, let's go play golf. You're buyin'.

Just out of curiosity, what's the story that goes with that?

Now, way OT....

Nothing really to do with car wrecks. More like a train wreck in state
government.
Our illustrious gov, Bob Taft, (of the presidential Tafts,) saw fit to
install and retain folks who
thought it would be ok for the Burreau of Workmen's Comp (if I recall
correctly) to invest in
rare coins as part of their portfolio. Croney-ism reared its ugly head,
coins were unaccounted
for, flights were taken to Florida with haste, buddies made millions,
campaign contributions
flowed, and headlines were made. Google for: Noe, coins, Ohio, BWC for
additional info.

Shortly after this, Mr. Taft pleaded guilty in a court of law for accepting
golf outings at
the expense of others, without reimbursing them and without disclosing said
fact
on his ethics disclosure forms. Oops. Guilty as charged. Google: Taft,
golf, guilty.

So, sort of the political equivalent of "Now, watch this drive..."

Now, back to your regularly scheduled newsgroup...

Chip

-----+

-----+

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

(I am also wondering what the extra state was - and what they were
doing.)

California, and you don't want to know what Bruce was doing with Skippy....

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Sat, Jan 14, 2006, 7:00am George@least (George) who says more than we
actually wanted to know:
California, and you don't want to know what Bruce was doing with
Skippy....

In California, wouldn't it be, "Damn, that's good **** dude", and,
"Hey, dude, hold my weed, and watch me hang ten"?