Posted to rec.woodworking
srazor

Default 12" Chop saw blade - BEST TYPE

I have the Hitachi 10" Dewalt 10 bosch 10 and Forrest 10 chopmaster.

Hitachi and Forrest are better by far than other and either would suffice for paint grade trim work. i use the chopmaster for stain grade trim work. For furinture the forrest is better but best cuts are from Forrest Woodworker 2 with cross cut sled on the TS. except for long pieces (which table legs aren't) this is the way i would go.

Scot
Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Krug

On 2006-01-12, srazor wrote:
I have the Hitachi 10" Dewalt 10 bosch 10 and Forrest 10 chopmaster.

Hitachi and Forrest are better by far than other and either would suffice for
paint grade trim work. i use the chopmaster for stain grade trim work. For
furinture the forrest is better but best cuts are from Forrest Woodworker 2
with cross cut sled on the TS. except for long pieces (which table legs
aren't) this is the way i would go.

Scot

What are you cutting and how much of it?

The blade that came with mine is probably Good Enough for about 90% of
the use I give it. When I was doing tons of framing, I bought a 24T
Diablo that made things much faster.

Now I'm considering a Freud LU85 or a Chopmaster, 'cuz I'm doing much
more fine work with it.