Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cant find wood or maker.....

I'm hoping this is a good location to find a bit of information. I'm
looking for a location where I can purchase smooth wooden circles, 3
1/2 inches in diameter, and 1 inch high. Higher quality wood is
preferred, walnut, oak,mahogany, etc...
I need a lot of these. My biggest problem is locating anyone that deals
with wood in this size. Any ideas on where I can go for something like
this?

Thanks,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:27:41 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

I can cut 'em at a rate of about 7500/day. You're invited to e-mail
me.

I can cut 'em at a rate of about 7.5/day. You're invited to e-mail
Morris.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick M

"Morris Dovey" wrote I've already set up a cutting strategy - almost all of
the scraps
would be smallish triangles. Just for fun I'll post the sketch on
ABPW...

[snip]

You using the same kerf twice? Ahhhh you're using your vacuum holddowns.
That's fair!

Regards,

Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Rick M (in ) said:

| "Morris Dovey" wrote I've already set up a cutting strategy -
| almost all of the scraps
|| would be smallish triangles. Just for fun I'll post the sketch on
|| ABPW...
|
| [snip]
|
| You using the same kerf twice? Ahhhh you're using your vacuum
| holddowns. That's fair!

Actually, I'm not using the same kerf twice; and I thought I might use
double-sided tape to secure the workpiece and keep cut parts under
control.

I could use the vacuum pucks if I didn't cut all the way through the
stock - but then I'd need to separate the circles and do a manual
clean up on each one. Sometimes it just works better to use the
double-sided tape to stick the workpiece to the table.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

First off,
Thanks to everyone who has replied. I'm not a woodmaker? myself, and
actually couldn't tell you much about wood. (Gave up at 12 when I
chopped part of my thumb off when whittling).
Anyways, I'll definitely be contacting Mr. Dovey to talk about the
specs I need, since our orders will range from 1 to 5 thousand and need
quick turnaround times.

Thank you all for your advice here, as it has me looking into a couple
options for this project.