Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Default Router raising devices

Hello Group,
Can anyone offer comments or opinions on router raisng devices? I've
seen adverts for Rousseau and Router RaiZer and had a chance to play
with an Incra at the Baltimore show yesterday.
Right away I see a quicker time for height adjustment but what about
set up times, such as for changing bits, or routers? Have you tried
more than one brand and prefer that over another? Thanks in advance for
your comments,

Marc (Who planes and rips in his wood shop and planes and rips when
he's windsurfing)

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

There are those that love them. However, some of the new routers have
features that make them redundant. I was considering getting one until I
bought a Triton Router which has above the table bit changes and very easy
and precise one handed (below the table) height adjustments. A lift is just
not needed. Cheers, JG

marc rosen wrote:

Hello Group,
Can anyone offer comments or opinions on router raisng devices? I've
seen adverts for Rousseau and Router RaiZer and had a chance to play
with an Incra at the Baltimore show yesterday.
Right away I see a quicker time for height adjustment but what about
set up times, such as for changing bits, or routers? Have you tried
more than one brand and prefer that over another? Thanks in advance for
your comments,

Marc (Who planes and rips in his wood shop and planes and rips when
he's windsurfing)

Posted to rec.woodworking

The mechanical devices have their place, given the resources. They're
efficient, accurate & cost more than most routers, (like door hardware
cost more than the doors they're used on).
An alternative, perhaps faster device at the :
http://www.patwarner.com/cutter_depth.html link.

Posted to rec.woodworking
nospambob

I like the Router Raizer and wish they had spare magnets, more than
two anyway. One got sucked up into the shop vac and wasn't noticed
until too late. Very easy to use. Only one I have experienced.

On 7 Jan 2006 03:47:32 -0800, "marc rosen" wrote:

Hello Group,
Can anyone offer comments or opinions on router raisng devices? I've
seen adverts for Rousseau and Router RaiZer and had a chance to play
with an Incra at the Baltimore show yesterday.
Right away I see a quicker time for height adjustment but what about
set up times, such as for changing bits, or routers? Have you tried
more than one brand and prefer that over another? Thanks in advance for
your comments,

Marc (Who planes and rips in his wood shop and planes and rips when
he's windsurfing)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Efficient and precise method of raising and lowering the motor.
Will cost you more than the router that goes in it, however.

Another way: See the http://www.patwarner.com/cutter_depth.html link.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Efficient and precise method of raising and lowering the motor.
Will cost you more than the router that goes in it, however.

Another way: See the http://www.patwarner.com/cutter_depth.html link.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The nospambob entity posted thusly:

I like the Router Raizer and wish they had spare magnets, more than
two anyway. One got sucked up into the shop vac and wasn't noticed
until too late. Very easy to use. Only one I have experienced.

If the RouterRaizer folks don't sell them, check Lee Valley.

Posted to rec.woodworking

test, regret the intrusion here.
http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)