Posted to rec.woodworking
Rumpty

Default Johnson Paste Wax

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:12:56 GMT, "Rumpty" wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

They're turning off the search feature in groups.google too

Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:12:56 GMT, "Rumpty" wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

A rumor, as old as the hills. Recently I picked up two cans for $2 at
a flea market. Good stuff.
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:12:56 GMT, "Rumpty" wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

They're turning off the search feature in groups.google too

If only they would turn off the post feature, we wouldn't have all of
those posts with no quoted reference! g
Posted to rec.woodworking
butch burton

I live not far from Waxdale - where the stuff is made - relatives
work/ed there - no way will SCJ ever stop making their premier product
- it would be like Coca-Cola Company to stop selling Coke - ain't gonna
happen no way no how.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Rumpty" wrote in message
What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
Went the drag.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:22:18 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:12:56 GMT, "Rumpty" wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

They're turning off the search feature in groups.google too

This sounds hokey. Where do you get this?

I think he is very tonguely in cheekly suggesting that, of late, very few people seem to use google
search before posting a question here. We covered Johnson's thoroughly in separate discussions in
both December and November. But it is January now, so I guess it is about time....

Anybody want me to post another radio show with Johnson Wax commercials in it???

Regards,
Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Rumpty wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be
incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes Tammy Faye
Baker to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
dgadams

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:12:56 GMT, "Rumpty" wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

They're turning off the search feature in groups.google too

This sounds hokey. Where do you get this?

I think he is very tonguely in cheekly suggesting that, of late, very few people seem to use google
search before posting a question here. We covered Johnson's thoroughly in separate discussions in
both December and November. But it is January now, so I guess it is about time....

Anybody want me to post another radio show with Johnson Wax commercials in it???

Regards,
Roy

Yes. Enjoyed the last one.

DGA

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes
Tammy Faye Baker to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

Dave

naw naw naw... all she needs is one of those wire cheese slicers, it'll fall off
in cakes in no time.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

David wrote:
Rumpty wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be
incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes Tammy Faye
Baker to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

Dave

That's just being sarcastic. But I heard that
there is no tax on earned income between June 4
and September 7 of 2005. So if you already sent
in your income tax, you are out of luck.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:52:04 -0800, David wrote:

Rumpty wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be
incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes Tammy Faye
Baker to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

When RASs are outlawed, only outlaws with have RASs.

--
Keith (outlaw)
Posted to rec.woodworking
John Thomas

"butch burton" wrote in news:1136591611.842893.325260
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I live not far from Waxdale - where the stuff is made - relatives
work/ed there - no way will SCJ ever stop making their premier product
- it would be like Coca-Cola Company to stop selling Coke - ain't gonna
happen no way no how

Bad analogy? Remember "New Coke" -- what a fiasco!

--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"butch burton" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live not far from Waxdale - where the stuff is made - relatives
work/ed there - no way will SCJ ever stop making their premier product
- it would be like Coca-Cola Company to stop selling Coke - ain't gonna
happen no way no how.

Yeah, but maybe they will come out with "new wax" like the "new Coke" of a
few years back.

Posted to rec.woodworking
robo hippy

I did use the Johnson's wax a few times, and found it to be okay. The
guys that do my spraying told me about Butcher's Bowling and Paste
waxes. They are a lot better than the Johnsons IMHO.
robo hippy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

order it by the case from Johnson's direct, if you're worried.

"Rumpty" wrote in message
What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

"David" wrote in message
Rumpty wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be
incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes Tammy Faye Baker
to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

Dave

I heard that Oscar Mayer is suing SawStop for demeaning hot dogs.

Vic

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

news

Rumpty wrote:

What's this I hear about no more Johnson's Paste wax?

I heard all RAS's have been recalled by the government for IMMEDIATE
DISPOSAL. anyone in possession of one after Jan 30th, 2005 will be
incarcerated for a period not less than the time it takes Tammy Faye
Baker to remove her makeup. (i.e. around 40 years)

When RASs are outlawed, only outlaws with have RASs.

--
Keith (outlaw)

Better join the NRAs.

Dean Johnson - Famous Serial Monogamist Tom Watson Woodworking 24 December 16th 05 07:12 PM
Removing wallpaper paste / preparing old bare walls sennapod UK diy 6 November 24th 05 09:48 PM
JOHNSON BAT HOUSE jo4hn Woodworking 3 September 4th 05 04:32 PM
Removing "shiny" wallpaper paste residue MarkZ Home Repair 1 August 18th 05 12:28 PM
Firm says it can make mortgages go away; judge calls it a scam Ablang Home Ownership 0 February 16th 05 04:55 AM