Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard

Default Harrow High Chair

Hi. Anyone heard of a Harrow High Chair?
Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Nope..

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. Anyone heard of a Harrow High Chair?

Narrow High Chair??

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephens

Richard,

Harrow is a town in England near London. There is a school there that was
founded in 1572. It is possible that there are furniture styles that are
associated with the town or the school.

Ken

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. Anyone heard of a Harrow High Chair?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

[top posting fixed]

The Stephens entity posted thusly:

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. Anyone heard of a Harrow High Chair?

Richard,

Harrow is a town in England near London. There is a school there that was
founded in 1572. It is possible that there are furniture styles that are
associated with the town or the school.

A quick Google Images on "Harrow Chair" retrieved several examples,
some of which were "easy chairs", some what I would call "chrome
chairs". No high chairs, though.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Oleg Lego wrote:

A quick Google Images on "Harrow Chair" retrieved several
examples, some of which were "easy chairs", some what I would call
"chrome chairs". No high chairs, though.

I saw some of the pics as well. If I had to take a guess, "high" chair
is probably not what many of us would think of as a "high chair"... an
elevated chair for little demons to eat in... rather a chair with a
higher than normal back.

I have a feeling though I'm either way off base or stating the
obvious... take your pick ;-)

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Oleg Lego wrote:

A quick Google Images on "Harrow Chair" retrieved several
examples, some of which were "easy chairs", some what I would call
"chrome chairs". No high chairs, though.

I saw some of the pics as well. If I had to take a guess, "high" chair
is probably not what many of us would think of as a "high chair"... an
elevated chair for little demons to eat in... rather a chair with a
higher than normal back.

I have a feeling though I'm either way off base or stating the
obvious... take your pick ;-)

Joe Barta

Hi.

I've got this high chair given me. It was bought from a local firm (Geo.
F. Hudson Ltd, Dewsbury) in 1995. On a paper label, made out by
Hudsons I'm sure, it says "Harrow High Chair". It is a living room high
chair bought for an elderly person. I'm actually trying to establish
what I've got and roughly it's S/H value.

Maybe I should take a picture and show it to Hudsons. They ought to know
what I've got.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The Richard entity posted thusly:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
. ..
Oleg Lego wrote:

[...]

Ahh... there we are... a perfect example of two (or perhaps three)
countries separated by a common language.