Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Lee Valley is taking all my money...

why do they keep answering their phones? It's costing me an arm and leg
every time someone answers. Why can't they ever be out of stock,
permanently, on the stuff I order? Why can't they take up fly tying and
stop building first rate, gotta-have planes? Rob, you are the cruelest
businessman I've ever known. If I buy every tool I covet from your tool
porn rags, you'll just issue another one with NEW tools that puts me
right back into drool mode. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you...well,
I SHOULD hate you...but I don't...I know I'm weak...maybe if I nail the
mailbox slot shut, the porn will stop? Nah, you've probably made a
contingency plan for that--armed Federal Marshals would hand deliver the
smut and force me to read every glossy page under threat of watching
Shelly Winters in The Poseidon Adventure. I can't take it, I can't take it.

Have pity on a weak man, Rob.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:44:40 -0800, David wrote:

[...]

phone? whatz that??

I put in ANOTHER order online yesterday... WAY too easy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robin Lee

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Dave...

Sorry 'bout that... it appears your order shipped complete yesterday...
'course, you probably knew that.

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

mac davis wrote:

phone? whatz that??

I put in ANOTHER order online yesterday... WAY too easy..

They opened a store in my town recently...just think of what I'm saving
on shipping!

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

mac davis wrote:

phone? whatz that??

I put in ANOTHER order online yesterday... WAY too easy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I've always called their 800 number. Invariably I have a question or
three. The price is the same. g

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
DC

Chris Friesen wrote:
mac davis wrote:

phone? whatz that??

I put in ANOTHER order online yesterday... WAY too easy..

They opened a store in my town recently...just think of what I'm saving
on shipping!

I feel your pain. I live 15 minutes from head office and pass it daily
on my way to work. Gah. }:OS

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many'
and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Chris Friesen
wrote:

They opened a store in my town recently...just think of what I'm saving
on shipping!

It's three minutes away from work. Thank goodness I don't have to go
down 51st on the way home. But that Quizno's next door somethimes lures
me at lunchtime...

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:37:20 -0800, David wrote:

mac davis wrote:

phone? whatz that??

I put in ANOTHER order online yesterday... WAY too easy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I've always called their 800 number. Invariably I have a question or
three. The price is the same. g

Dave

yeah but..when you're talking, it's sort of logical somehow to hear what you're
saying and sort of think about what you're doing...
when you're clicking away, it just seems to be way too easy to spend money..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

And it ain't just the "expensive stuff" - Veritas planes, special jigs
and fixtures - but the little stuff - that cumulatively drain your
wallet.

I needed some Z-clips for hanging some cabinets $1.85 a pair, and some
figure 8 washers for attaching table tops to legs/aprons - 20 for $2.20.
But - as long as I was phoning in an order, might as well get
- some cabinet leveling legs at $1.95 eah
- the clips for attaching a toe kick to the leveling legs
- a miter saddle square
- a set of four metric SS rules (I've got a Festool DOMINO which is ALL
metric)
- one of those cool yellow "finger wrenches" for holding a nut in a
place
that's hard to get to
- a hacking knife - just because it looked slick and I figure the old
man
down the street who splits his own fire wood could use it for
splitting
kindling
- an auger bit file (I'd always meant to get me one of these things
- Blindman's Fractional/Decimal/Metric electronic calipers at the
Intoductory
Price (see justification of need /DOMINO above)
- a slick little pocket sized illuminated microscope (want to see if
your
edge is REALLY sharp?)

Kah-chingggg! One hundred and seventy dollars - including shipping!

But it sure was fun digging into the packing when the box arrived.

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote in
:

*snip*

Kah-chingggg! One hundred and seventy dollars - including shipping!

But it sure was fun digging into the packing when the box arrived.

charlie b

I can hear it now... "My husband* spent $170 on tools, and spent three
hours after they arrived playing with the bubble wrap!"

*Replace with the appropriate term.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm sick of the quality of the tools. Why can't they offer stuff on
par with the borg? Sheffield england? what kind of backwater town is
that? why cant they follow the likes of Flim-Flam province in china,
they've been in the tool business for 45 minutes. Maybe if they did,
they would fade to black like the borg.

(i'm eyeing a new set of chisles to open my paint cans with)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Drb Drb is offline

I am blessed, Lee Valley store next to the borg all 5 miles from me! I
share your pain, but without the shipping charges!!!

"splinter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm sick of the quality of the tools. Why can't they offer stuff on
par with the borg? Sheffield england? what kind of backwater town is
that? why cant they follow the likes of Flim-Flam province in china,
they've been in the tool business for 45 minutes. Maybe if they did,
they would fade to black like the borg.

(i'm eyeing a new set of chisles to open my paint cans with)

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:

But it sure was fun digging into the packing when the box arrived.

Like a kid opening his Christmas Present.

Us old farts need a treat now and then.

LdB

EZ Money [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 9th 05 05:00 PM
easy money in 30 days trip Metalworking 0 March 11th 05 02:35 AM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM