Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default CLASSIC WINTER SLED

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/8108/sled.html

Yeah, I know it's been posted before, but I figure about this time
of the year it might be a lifesaver to a few of you in the snow belt.
LMAO I'll never live there again, in this lifetime.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

"J T"

Yeah, I know it's been posted before, but I figure about this time
of the year it might be a lifesaver to a few of you in the snow belt.
LMAO I'll never live there again, in this lifetime.

Yeah, right, my exact words 20 years ago when I moved from N. Illinois to
Arizona. But, here I am, these last 3 years, living back in N. Illinois.
Luckily, I seemed to have soaked up so much Sun in AZ that these dreary,
cloudy days (haven't seen the Sun in over a week) seem not to depress me
like before.

Tom G.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

"J T" wrote in message
.. I still have fond
memories of swimming in an outdoor pool on New Years in Bangkok. Try
that in N. Illinois. Hehehe I've been n NC since '79. High today was
supposed to be 61, my mother in Mi has had now probably a dozen times
already. I'll stay here.

The weather in Illinois has become crazy. Here it is the 2nd of January
and it's 39 degrees with thunderstorms. Seems snow should be the order of
the day this time of year.
When we moved to AZ there were less than a million people around the Phoenix
area. Now over 4 million. Constant traffic jam. Was just there in
November and got stuck in stop and go traffic on two lane country roads
because they've built these big subdivisions way outside of town to take
advantage of cheaper land but haven't yet built the 4 lane roads to get to
them. I managed to retire, move back and buy the little river cabin that I
grew up in and enjoy a much quieter life. So I'm not complaining. Caught a
45 and 41 pound Flathead Cat right off my dock this Summer. What a life!

Tom.

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"Tom" wrote in message

"J T" wrote in message
[...]

You suck :-)

wishing I was you,

Gary (stuck in Phoenix with a broken collar bone......and can't do anything)

Aluminum sled runner height wrt slot depth, and sled length wrt runners purchased bent Woodworking 0 December 16th 05 12:39 AM
Offset Crosscut Sled?? Larry Blanchard Woodworking 7 November 16th 05 02:55 PM
SAW SLED QUESTION J T Woodworking 11 November 4th 05 03:45 PM
Window install - in middle of winter - cons? Jonny R Home Repair 3 May 31st 04 12:59 AM
SURVIVING THE 100 YEAR WINTER Gunner Metalworking 12 December 15th 03 06:11 AM