Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
TwoGuns

Default I finally found a good use for old CD's.

I have several dozen old AOL CD's that I have kept just because I
figured someday I would find a good use for them. Well today I did find
ONE good way to use them. I needed a new filter for my old 5HP Sears
Shopvac. When I put it back together I couldn't find the old Filter
disc. I am afraid I accidentally left it on the old filter and it was
thrown in the trash ( trashday was yesterday). I got out my compass to
measure the size of the circle I would need so I could make a new disc
on my scroll saw and drill press. I just happened to have a music CD
laying on top of the computer and VIOLA the CD was almost exactly the
size I needed and the hole in the middle was the right size also. I put
an old AOL CD in place and I have been using the shop vac all morning
and it works great. Now if I can just find a few other things the old
CD's are good for. . . .
Dennis