Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Arthur

Default Steal this Band Saw

Woodcraft is selling the Rikon 10" Band Saw for
$119.95. It has great potential. I replaced the blade that came with it and
improved the table and wound up with a super saw for smaller work. I don't
think you could buy a set of ball bearing guides supplied with the Rikon for
what the whole saw they will be selling them for. And no I don't work for
Woodcraft or Rikon.
Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message
news
Woodcraft is selling the Rikon 10" Band Saw for
$119.95. It has great potential. I replaced the blade that came with it
and improved the table and wound up with a super saw for smaller work. I
don't think you could buy a set of ball bearing guides supplied with the
Rikon for what the whole saw they will be selling them for. And no I don't
work for Woodcraft or Rikon.
Frank

Frank, whereabouts are ya located? I checked the website and it says
$149.99 or so. I reckon they had a sale where you are. Can you give me a
ballpark figure on the depth of cut?
Thanks in advance.
Lyndell

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Arthur

Woodcraft at Roswell, GA
The flyer in today's mail with January prices in it has it
on sale in January.
The depth is about 5 inches.

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message
news
Woodcraft is selling the Rikon 10" Band Saw for
$119.95. It has great potential. I replaced the blade that came with it
and improved the table and wound up with a super saw for smaller work. I
don't think you could buy a set of ball bearing guides supplied with the
Rikon for what the whole saw they will be selling them for. And no I
don't work for Woodcraft or Rikon.
Frank

Frank, whereabouts are ya located? I checked the website and it says
$149.99 or so. I reckon they had a sale where you are. Can you give me a
ballpark figure on the depth of cut?
Thanks in advance.
Lyndell

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 12/28/2005 8:31 PM Frank Arthur mumbled something about the following:
[...]

Hmm, Roswell isn't too far, but I really don't want a 10". Any other
good items in the flyer?

--
Odinn - wishing there were better stores closer to Athens