Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

Default DeWalt ROS Broken Switch?

I've got a DeWalt DW623 sander that's stopped working and I'm trying
to pin down the problem. I took it apart and sprayed it out and when
I have the top cover unscrewed and I plug it in, it turns on fine.
Screw the top housing down and it no longer turns on. It's always
been a little twitchy, you'd push the switch and it would take a few
seconds for it to come on, or you'd have to toggle it back and forth a
couple times.

I looked at the wiring and nothing seems to be loose but that's as far
as I've gone so far, I haven't actually tested the wiring. Does
DeWalt have a place to order replacement parts or should I just hit
Radio Shack for a replacement switch?

Any ideas welcome, thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Mills

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message

Does DeWalt have a place to order replacement parts

Try a Black & Decker repair center for the part. RM~

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bugs

Next time buy Makita. Just replaced the switch on my 47 year old Makita
8" right angle grinder. Good tools, good people to deal with.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg D.

Nah

Just throw all this crap where it belongs: garbage. Buy Metabo,
Milwaukee, Hitachi or Bosch. Stay away from DeWalt, Makita, and all
the other cheapskate's crappy tools.

Greg D.