Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Question about Bench Dog feather loc featherboard

I built Norm's router station a year ago. He has a slot for a down pressing
featherboard but it is fairly high above the router table surface (6.25").
The pictures of the Bench Dog Feather Loc featherboard show some fairly long
adjustment slots but I can't read anywhere how long they actually are. Here
is a picture of one: http://www.benchdog.com/singlefeatherloc.htm

Can I ask one of you who owns one of these to tell me if there is enough
up/down adjustment in the two slots to make it down near the base of my
router table from the high slot I have?

TIA.
Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

You will probably be ok - but close. With the feathers flat on a tabletop
the center of the upper slot is about 6.5 inches above the table. Lower
slot about 1.25 inch above base.

Actually if you have some scrap hardwood and access to a bandsaw you can
custom-make these at a fraction the cost of purchase. You will still need
hardware, but it is available at most tool outlets.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I built Norm's router station a year ago. He has a slot for a down pressing
featherboard but it is fairly high above the router table surface (6.25").
The pictures of the Bench Dog Feather Loc featherboard show some fairly
long adjustment slots but I can't read anywhere how long they actually are.
Here is a picture of one: http://www.benchdog.com/singlefeatherloc.htm

Can I ask one of you who owns one of these to tell me if there is enough
up/down adjustment in the two slots to make it down near the base of my
router table from the high slot I have?

TIA.
Dick Snyder

You should be OK. The slots are 5 1/2" long. The bottom of the slot to the
bottom of the feathers is 1 1/4" I have the Benchdog fence and the slot is
3" above the table. The thickest piece I could use the board with is
1.75", but you can go another 3 1/4" more.