Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank A.

Default Fort Worth Lumber

Just moved North of Ft. Worth to Haslet, Tx. I'm looking for a lumber yard
with kd, rough or s2s, red oak, white oak, cherry and mahogany. Would
perfer a yard with lots of lumber that will let you pick through and buy
small quantities. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
GrayFox

In article YVJqf.58246$Ht4.17747@trnddc08,
"Frank A." wrote:

Just moved North of Ft. Worth to Haslet, Tx. I'm looking for a lumber yard
with kd, rough or s2s, red oak, white oak, cherry and mahogany. Would
perfer a yard with lots of lumber that will let you pick through and buy
small quantities. Thanks.

Probably the closest to you that will let you do that is Austin
Hardwoods, 11353 Mathis, Dallas, 972-241-4777. I've bought from them
for years and it doesn't matter how little you want to buy. They treat
you well.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Ransom

I mainly use Hogan's near DFW airport as it is easier to get to from
Lancaster. If you are buying less than 300 bf there is not enough
difference in price to bother with and Hogan's will plane for reasonable
price. They will also deliver free for orders over $300. 35 and Post and
Paddock.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ken Smelcer

Frank A. wrote:
Just moved North of Ft. Worth to Haslet, Tx. I'm looking for a lumber yard
with kd, rough or s2s, red oak, white oak, cherry and mahogany. Would
perfer a yard with lots of lumber that will let you pick through and buy
small quantities. Thanks.

I used Sweeney Hardwoods for my last project and the prices were
slightly better than Hogan's or Austin hardwoods (at least for Red Oak).
Sweeney's is near 121 and Beach St. in FTW. You might also try
Barney Robinson Hardwoods, which is closer to downtown. Prices are good
but quality can vary a bit.

-- Ken