Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default WoodSmith Magazine #37

A week ago someone was kind enough to tell me that this magazine has an
article on louvered doors.
The only library in the county that subscribes to it refuses to tell me if
they have it. They keep them by date, not volume, and seem to be unable to
actually look at them to see if they have 37.
Oddly Woodsmith does not mention date at all, just volume.

It is probably academic; they only stock 4 years worth, and Woodsmith is up
to 150 now; so it sounds like more than 4 years ago, but who knows.
Anyone know the date of #37?

And if you have #37, is the article worth getting? Buying the backissue is
only $6, which isn't too bad if it is a good article.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Toller" wrote in message
A week ago someone was kind enough to tell me that this magazine has an
article on louvered doors.
The only library in the county that subscribes to it refuses to tell me if
they have it. They keep them by date, not volume, and seem to be unable
to actually look at them to see if they have 37.
Oddly Woodsmith does not mention date at all, just volume.

It is probably academic; they only stock 4 years worth, and Woodsmith is
up to 150 now; so it sounds like more than 4 years ago, but who knows.
Anyone know the date of #37?

And if you have #37, is the article worth getting? Buying the backissue
is only $6, which isn't too bad if it is a good article.

Thanks.

January/February 1985. 4 page article on setting up a jig and using it.
Is the volume available any more? I know that Woodsmith is dropping some of
the older volumes.
Send me an E-mail.

Posted to rec.woodworking
TomL

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:24:49 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

A week ago someone was kind enough to tell me that this magazine has an
article on louvered doors.
The only library in the county that subscribes to it refuses to tell me if
they have it. They keep them by date, not volume, and seem to be unable to
actually look at them to see if they have 37.
Oddly Woodsmith does not mention date at all, just volume.

It is probably academic; they only stock 4 years worth, and Woodsmith is up
to 150 now; so it sounds like more than 4 years ago, but who knows.
Anyone know the date of #37?

And if you have #37, is the article worth getting? Buying the backissue is
only $6, which isn't too bad if it is a good article.

Thanks.

If it's fixed louvers you want, try he
http://www.routerworkshop.com/s1400.html

If movable louvers, try he
http://www.woodworkingathome.com/Mag/0001-WaHM.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Tom Woodman" wrote in message
The Router Workshop has an episode on this. If you are in Canada, it is
on tonight (Wed Dec21)

I am only 50 miles from Canada. Good enough to be worth the drive?

I don't think my cable system carries the show, but thanks anyhow.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Woody

Toller wrote:

A week ago someone was kind enough to tell me that this magazine has an
article on louvered doors.
The only library in the county that subscribes to it refuses to tell me if
they have it. They keep them by date, not volume, and seem to be unable to
actually look at them to see if they have 37.
Oddly Woodsmith does not mention date at all, just volume.

It is probably academic; they only stock 4 years worth, and Woodsmith is up
to 150 now; so it sounds like more than 4 years ago, but who knows.
Anyone know the date of #37?

And if you have #37, is the article worth getting? Buying the backissue is
only $6, which isn't too bad if it is a good article.

Thanks.

Norm built louvered doors for a teak bar he made several years ago. The
project is at: http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?9905

Interestingly, one of this year's projects is "Plantation Shutters"

~Mark.