Posted to rec.woodworking
jeff

Default Looking for flat tape with metric on both sides.

I'm looking for a flat, retractable measuring tape - think they're
called 'cabinetmaker's tapes' which has metric markings on both
sides. I can find them with SAE/metric, but I want all metric.
Something small, easy to handle, like a 3 meter one. I have several
of the LeeValley all metric retractable ones, but find it's a pain
to accurately mark with a curved blade.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

jeff wrote:
I'm looking for a flat, retractable measuring tape - think they're
called 'cabinetmaker's tapes' which has metric markings on both
sides. I can find them with SAE/metric, but I want all metric.
Something small, easy to handle, like a 3 meter one. I have several
of the LeeValley all metric retractable ones, but find it's a pain
to accurately mark with a curved blade.

Thanks,
Jeff

http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/Fas...pTapemeas.html
http://www.engineeringfindings.com/cat22/cat22pg431.pdf

You should check Thomas Net...
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/31408/2697

Measuring Tape suppliers
http://www.thomasnet.com/nsearch.htm...ading=83690206

http://www.google.ca/search?hs=sTi&h...Sear ch&meta=

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

jeff wrote:
I'm looking for a flat, retractable measuring tape - think they're
called 'cabinetmaker's tapes' which has metric markings on both
sides. I can find them with SAE/metric, but I want all metric.
Something small, easy to handle, like a 3 meter one. I have several
of the LeeValley all metric retractable ones, but find it's a pain
to accurately mark with a curved blade.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff:

Another point: Persuade Robin Lee of Lee Valley to find not only a flat
tape, but cabinet makers rulers that are all metric or all Imperial --
then it would be a _lot_ easier to make precision measurements...

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

WillR wrote:
jeff wrote:

I'm looking for a flat, retractable measuring tape - think they're
called 'cabinetmaker's tapes' which has metric markings on both
sides. I can find them with SAE/metric, but I want all metric.
Something small, easy to handle, like a 3 meter one. I have several
of the LeeValley all metric retractable ones, but find it's a pain
to accurately mark with a curved blade.

Jeff:

Another point: Persuade Robin Lee of Lee Valley to find not only a flat
tape, but cabinet makers rulers that are all metric or all Imperial --
then it would be a _lot_ easier to make precision measurements...

Yes!

I just got some all Imperial rules, but I couldn't find the all metric
(at LV) and would've gotten those as well.

er
--
email not valid