Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck

Default 23 Ga. Pin Nailer Advice

I'm getting ready to buy a 23 guage pin nailer. I have read several
different and conflicting reviews about Senco, PC and Grex. Does anyone
have any experience with these (or other brands worth considering)?
Whether you have had good luck or bad, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Chuck" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm getting ready to buy a 23 guage pin nailer. I have read several
different and conflicting reviews about Senco, PC and Grex. Does anyone
have any experience with these (or other brands worth considering)?
Whether you have had good luck or bad, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chuck

I do not have experience with any pin nailers but I have been using a Senco
finish nailer for about 16 years and have no complaints. It is more
comfortable IMHO to the competition when considering apples to apples.

Posted to rec.woodworking
woodarama

i have the grex,it's more money than the others,but i feel it's worth
it,will do up to 1-3/16" pins.i understand now they came out with a new
model that will shoot up to 1-3/8" pins.

Posted to rec.woodworking
shooter

I have the Porter Cable model and it will not put the brad any deeper
than flush with the wood so I still have to countersink it, otherwise I
can see a shiny dot when I put on the finish. Other than that, it
works smoothly.

Ronnie Aldrich

Posted to rec.woodworking
shooter

I own the Porter Cable model and my only complaint is it will not sink
the brad deeper than flush with the surface of the wood. I still have
to countersink it. Otherwise it is very smooth working.

Ronnie Aldrich

Posted to rec.woodworking
High Score

"Chuck" wrote in news:1135018901.334602.116190
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I'm getting ready to buy a 23 guage pin nailer. I have read several
different and conflicting reviews about Senco, PC and Grex. Does anyone
have any experience with these (or other brands worth considering)?
Whether you have had good luck or bad, I'd like to hear from you.

I bought a PorterCable last year and I tried everything to get it to set
the pins below the surface of the wood. High air pressure and soft wood -
still failed. I ended up sending it back and spending the money on
something else. I've had my eye on the Grex pinners for a while and would
probably go that way.

-G
Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

I have the CADEX 23-35 and it will shoot 1 3/8" Now I will not do that but
it will. I believe it is the same gun as the better Grex. We love it. Floyd
Tools sells it. I am glad I spent all that time researching pinners before
buying. Cheers, JG

woodarama wrote:

i have the grex,it's more money than the others,but i feel it's worth
it,will do up to 1-3/16" pins.i understand now they came out with a new
model that will shoot up to 1-3/8" pins.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

I have used my buddy's senco it works well. sinks them even in
tropical woods.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes