Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where to Buy a Shop Stool

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong.
Any one of the mail order places?

Gary Curtis
Los Angeles

Posted to rec.woodworking
Limey Lurker

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong.

My MIL?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I used to work at a foreman's desk a lot even though I had a regular
office as well. I find with one cheek on a stool, half-standing at a
foreman's desk, I get a lot more creative..*G*..Do NOT ask me why.

I know the left/right brain thing controls creativity and logic. Does it
matter which cheek is on the stool?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article . net,
"CW" wrote:

Probably depends on the individual.

...and the individual's diet.
Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...&PMPXNO=951985

$114 at Enco machine tools and supplies. THere are other supply houses -
McMillin & Masters, I think.

Posted to rec.woodworking
darkon

wrote:

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong.
Any one of the mail order places?

I went to a place (Watsons) that carries things like poker tables, pool
tables, and bar stools. Found a nice metal-frame bar stool with a
metal back and a padded leather seat that swivels 360deg.
Posted to rec.woodworking

What city?

Gary C.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

Gary,
Read all the answers so far. The only two specifically pointed out are a bit
STEEP, in my opinion.

I have 3 'stools' . . . all under $20 each. . . .

2 are unpadded, about 32 inches {?} to the seat. It's a simple matter to
place a piece of 'Slip-Not' on it and add a cushion of my choice. 1 is about
6in taller with a fitted/fastened 'leatherette' padded seat. Neither has a
'back' but they are made of hardwood so fabricating & fastening a back
should be no problem. The shorter ones came from a 'chain' crafts store -
'Michaels' . . . but they seem to be a 'standard' product. The padded one
came from a local 'Target' store.

Another padded option may be the METAL stools from either 'Pep Boys' or
Harbor freight. Again no back but a wooden one could be attached . . .
unless your good with metalcraft?

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong.
Any one of the mail order places?

Gary Curtis
Los Angeles

Posted to rec.woodworking
FriscoSoxFan

Ikea has a good folding one, nice and tall and can be stowed away on a
spare wall.

Posted to rec.woodworking
darkon

[context restored]
wrote:

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong.
Any one of the mail order places?

I went to a place (Watsons) that carries things like poker tables,
pool tables, and bar stools. Found a nice metal-frame bar stool
with a metal back and a padded leather seat that swivels 360deg.

What city?

Gary C.

This was in Cincinnati, but they have stores in various cities in the
middle of the US. (see watsons.com) I wasn't so much recommending a
particular store as suggesting looking at places that carry bar
stools.

I didn't even consider mail order myself, because my eyes can't tell
me what my butt will feel. The only true test of a chair is sitting
in it.