Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob

Default 15 ga finish nailer question

Does anyone out there have a Grizzly model H6144 15 ga finish nailer (34
degree)? I need to know what type 15 ga nail it takes "DA or FN". The
manual does not specify. When I emailed Grizzly tech support they said FN
stlye, but I cannot find 34 degree FN style nails.

thanks

--
Bob Wilsey

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Truitt

If you have part of a stick of nails for it and take them to a bona fide
air tool and fastener business they should be able to figure it out. I
took my gun in to a fastener business and they tried a couple of things
and found out mine(not same as yours) takes Senco finish nails.

RonT

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob

Most nailer seem to come with a starter stick in the box. No such luck with
this one. Nothing to compare it to.

--
Bob

"Ron Truitt" wrote in message
If you have part of a stick of nails for it and take them to a bona fide
air tool and fastener business they should be able to figure it out. I
took my gun in to a fastener business and they tried a couple of things
and found out mine(not same as yours) takes Senco finish nails.

RonT

Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E

"Bob" wrote in message
nk.net...
Does anyone out there have a Grizzly model H6144 15 ga finish nailer (34
degree)? I need to know what type 15 ga nail it takes "DA or FN". The
manual does not specify. When I emailed Grizzly tech support they said FN
stlye, but I cannot find 34 degree FN style nails.

thanks

--
Bob Wilsey

Bob, I'd telephone Grizzly and discuss with them the situation and what
brand will fit *their* tool. Just approach them rationally with your
problem and they should help, based on their reputation.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas Kendrick

I have the PC DA250A (15 ga.), so I would assume that DA nails are the
angled strips and FN nails (16 ga.) are the straight strips.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:24:06 -0500, "C & E"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone out there have a Grizzly model H6144 15 ga finish nailer (34
degree)? I need to know what type 15 ga nail it takes "DA or FN". The
manual does not specify. When I emailed Grizzly tech support they said FN
stlye, but I cannot find 34 degree FN style nails.

thanks

--
Bob Wilsey

Bob, I'd telephone Grizzly and discuss with them the situation and what
brand will fit *their* tool. Just approach them rationally with your
problem and they should help, based on their reputation.

Furniture Finish Question Jack Woodworking 7 June 14th 05 12:31 AM
Pneumatic Finish Nailer or pneumatic stapler Danny Home Repair 10 March 26th 05 05:09 PM
Finish question ROCKHEAD Woodworking 1 January 21st 05 01:51 AM
Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Treads Problem Jim Larkey Woodworking 0 January 16th 05 03:52 PM
Patches of missing finish on oak tables -- how to repair and match color? Tekla Woodworking 1 March 5th 04 02:28 AM