Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders

Default right angle impact driver

I need an impact driver for removing seats in trucks (some have
slightly rusted bolts). Has anyone used the Ridgid right angle impact
driver? If so, I would like your opinion as to whether it could be a
replacement for an air ratchet wrench? Is it the only right angle
impact driver on the market?

Thanks in advance

Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need an impact driver for removing seats in trucks (some have
slightly rusted bolts). Has anyone used the Ridgid right angle impact
driver? If so, I would like your opinion as to whether it could be a
replacement for an air ratchet wrench? Is it the only right angle
impact driver on the market?

Don't know if they still make them, but in late '60s early '70s, my friend
had a 3/8" air impact(butterfly type) with a right angle head attached. We
used it a LOT when I worked part time for him in service station.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders

An air powered unit is a problem since we will often be away from
air sources. We thought of carrying our own compresser, but a reliable

power source and the potential of an extension cord giving large
voltage drops is a real concern.

The reason for all of this is that we have some electronics behind the
seats of a plow truck vehicle that we have to get access
to. We want to be pretty independent since often no truck bay may be
available.

The Ridgid right angle impact driver has 700 in-lbs of torque or about
60 ft-lbs. That seems pretty high (not an impact hammer, of course). I
am not sure how much torqe it will take to remove a rusted bolt on the
seat of a truck. I guess I will go out and check.