Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Staley

Default CA glue

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Jim Staley wrote:
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

Superglue

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

TeamCasa wrote:

Superglue

In that case, most any plastic you can fasten to the surface of the MDF.

Can't do that, build a new jig from plastic, it's done every day.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
DL

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:18:43 GMT, "Jim Staley"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Your fingers. I have found that this is the material it most prefers
to stick to, at the exclusion of all else.

Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?
Lew

Superglue

In that case, most any plastic you can fasten to the surface of the MDF.

Can't do that, build a new jig from plastic, it's done every day.

Lew

Sorry Lew, I meant to say that CA is Superglue (cryanoacrylate)
Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Talcum powder

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Jim Staley wrote:
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work.

CA sticks to almost anything.

Can you use another glue? What about removing the CA with acetone?

Barry
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 12/6/2005 9:27 PM Lew Hodgett mumbled something about the following:
Jim Staley wrote:

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?

CyanoAcrylate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Wax paper? Saran Wrap maybe? Poly on the jig may also work.
My main assembly table is made of MDF w/ about 8 coats of poly (it sux it up
like a sponge)
any type of glue (even 2 part epoxy) just pops off w/ a puddy knife after
its dry.

Can you describe the type of jig and why your using CA glue?

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Jim Staley" wrote:

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Polyethylene. HD, UHD...or any density for that matters.

Nothing sticks to it. AFAIK
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:27:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew
Hodgett quickly quoth:

Jim Staley wrote:
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?

Hints: It's not from California and it's not of Canuckistani origin.

OK, it's Cyano-Acrylate glue, aka SuperGlue.

--
The Smart Person learns from his mistakes.
The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pounds on Wood

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue

from
sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Easiest is clear plastic packaging tape.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Posted to rec.woodworking
ks

Saran wrap? or plastic shrink wrap the type used to package skids or small
items for mailing etc

m...