Posted to rec.woodworking
fam

Default Ryobi Table saw doesnt cut square

I am using the mitre slide thingy with a a larger timber backiing
screwed onto it and I want to cut the ends of timber square but each
time I pass it through it is not square. Sometimes I turn the wood over
and pass it through again and it seems a lot more square.

What is wrong - how do I fix?
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

fam wrote:
I am using the mitre slide thingy with a a larger timber backiing
screwed onto it and I want to cut the ends of timber square but each
time I pass it through it is not square. Sometimes I turn the wood over
and pass it through again and it seems a lot more square.

What is wrong - how do I fix?
Mike

have a look at:
http://bt3central.com/

You should join the bt3K forum...

Anyway...
1 Try gluing some sandpaper on the sliding miter table arm. It will hold
the wood steady.

2 The Miter tables sits a bit high of the cutting area -- to reduce
friction -- so do not tilt the wood into the saw.

3 Make sure there is no slop in the miter table when you wiggle it, If
there is -- follow the procedure for tightening up the table -- be
gentle the eccentric does not require significant pressure -- just that
everything is firm and still slides freely.

Slow steady pressure on the cut. Exert downward pressure on the niter table.

If it is a long 2X4 an extension table is nice (and an out feed...) --
see my web site and look at the shop.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

Ryobi Table Saw? Dick Home Repair 17 December 2nd 05 08:38 PM
Excalibur sliding table help needed max Woodworking 8 February 3rd 05 04:09 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 24th 04 09:26 PM
Delta TS300 or Ryobi BTS3100 Table Saw? Bruce Woodworking 10 April 4th 04 05:14 PM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM