Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Default Daves Good, Fast and Cheap Bench

Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

Thanks

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"Tom" wrote:

Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

Thanks

Tom

Wow, that is a big loss! :-( Not just the bench you mention, but Bob's
pages with info on different vise types and a wealth of other info.
Hopefully it is just a matter of his getting around to renewing the
hosting contract. But a while back he was selling all his tools for
funds to put into his business, so I hope that is not what happened to
it. Maybe if someone else offers to host it, he will provide the
files.
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

Thanks

Tom

That's not Dave, it's Bob Key or Keys(') ... I think Bob's son is Dave. I was searching
for that too, no show tho...

I have done a trestle of the same general idea in glorious DF, looks like a standard 3D
"H" lying on it's side with two 4"x6" stretchers, blind M&T with bench bolts. I will do
a maple top for it, dog holes and through rods front to back. Debating with myself on
the tool trough or not... complexity for a newby. You will see BK bench variations on
this link:

http://www.geocities.com/plybench/bench.html

Good luck to you...

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"Tom" wrote:

Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

Thanks

Tom

I found a copy. I'll send it to the email above, but if that is not
real, demunge my address and email me with the address you want it
sent to.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I found a copy. I'll send it to the email above, but if that is not
real, demunge my address and email me with the address you want it
sent to.

I'll take one if you don't mind, email addy is in the sig below, much appreciated!

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking

I also would like an email of the plans at .

Thanks,
--Michael

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Airporte

Tom wrote:

Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

This sounds like a job for the wayback machine internet archive...
Yep, here we go:
http://web.archive.org/web/200108141.../beginners.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Deborah Kelly

I found a copy. I'll send it to the email above, but if that is not
real, demunge my address and email me with the address you want it
sent to.
--
Alex -- Replace "nospam" with "mail" to reply by email. Checked
infrequently.

Well if you are passing them out lol I'll take one too...lol.... just reply
to this or my e-mail is

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just as I was actually preparing to build my workbench, the link to
Dave's Good, Fast and Cheap Bench is dead. Does anyone have the plans
(either paper printouts or electronically)?

It would be shame to have these plans disappear.

Thanks

Tom

I remember that bench. I believe what made it good, fast and cheap was he
used standard framing lumber from HD. Doug Fir IIRC. It was his son's
first attempt as well I think. Look pretty simple to make.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"Teamcasa" wrote:

I remember that bench. I believe what made it good, fast and cheap was he
used standard framing lumber from HD. Doug Fir IIRC.

SYP

It was his son's
first attempt as well I think. Look pretty simple to make.

Yep that's its beauty--"just do it".

BTW, someone posted a web archive pointer to the site.
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I found a copy. I'll send it to the email above, but if that is not
real, demunge my address and email me with the address you want it
sent to.

I got it, thanks and nice work!

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
leonard

if you need them I got them,send me an e-mail if you want them

len