Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default Blade sharpening in Tucson?

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Yes, You!!

Do it yourself. I just recently bought this :

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...072,43078&ap=1

Works great.
Sharpened my blades to a mirror finish in less than 1 hr.

Stoutman

---
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:21:33 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

| Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
|tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
|shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Circle Saw

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

wrote:

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

I can't remember where in AZ he is, but I've known Scott Whiting for a
few years, although I've never had any work done by him. I do,
however, know several people who have, and they all say his service is
excellent. You can find him with a web search.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

| Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
|tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
|shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Circle Saw

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

I can't remember where in AZ he is, but I've known Scott Whiting for a
few years, although I've never had any work done by him. I do,
however, know several people who have, and they all say his service is
excellent. You can find him with a web search.

Thanks, I'll look him up.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:04:41 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Yes, You!!

Do it yourself. I just recently bought this :

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...072,43078&ap=1

Works great.
Sharpened my blades to a mirror finish in less than 1 hr.

Stoutman

I'll take a look at that, problem is that I am not sure I want to risk
13" planer blades to my own devices.

---
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:04:41 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news

Who do people in Tucson use to sharpen planer and jointer blades? I
tried Precision Power about 1 1/2 years ago, the blades came back in
worse
shape than they went in -- is there anyone else in town?

Yes, You!!

Do it yourself. I just recently bought this :

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...072,43078&ap=1

Works great.
Sharpened my blades to a mirror finish in less than 1 hr.

Stoutman

I'll take a look at that, problem is that I am not sure I want to risk
13" planer blades to my own devices.

Yeah, maybe not the planer blades, but the jointer blades are a cinch.

I was pretty amazed at how easy it was to set up and use that sucker. I
will probably sharpen my jointer in between every project now.