Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob

Default Grizzly 13" planer / moulder

I bought this unit a few months back 2nd err 3rd hand for $400.

I have only used it a couple of times to plane some cherry for a small
project. I had a heck of a time setting the knives using the gage
supplied ( 2 actually ). Is there anyone out there familiar with this
machine that may have some pointers for a quick knife setup ?

Also, the assortment of molding profiles for this machine are basic yet
I have seen knives for a similar unit that seemed to have a nice
assortment of profiles,it was also a 13" machine. Can other knives be
safely used ?

Look forward to any suggestions.

TIA

Bob...