joie

Default GRIZZLY 15" BANDSAW & 13" PLANER- MOULDER.

I'm new here and to woodworking and have some questions for the list.

I bought the above machines a couple of months back, the band saw as new
& the planer / moulder second err third hand it seems but in very
serviceable condition.

Does anyone have these machines and if so could you give a run down on
setting them up especially the planer knives. They seem to move every
time I tighten down the grub screws on the gibs.

I also would like to know if other brand knives will work in the planer
and what about moulder knives too ?

In the supplied manual for the planer it states you can plane & mould so
I'm guessing you could combine knives to say make a nice wide base
molding by adding profiles in conjunction with the planer knives . Is
this a correct assumption ?

For the band saw I have purchase a timber wolf blade, 1/2" IIRC. I
plane on getting 2 more of different sizes and profiles as needed.

My intentions are to make some furniture and custom built ins and glued
laminate curved cabinates from cherry etc.

What do you guys suggest for additional band saw blades ? I bought the
grizzly 15" due to the price, the table size and a reference from a
friend who owns a griz shaper & large table saw.

As of yet I have not used either machine, seems too many things have
gotten in the way but hope to have the new bathroom finished early next
week which will allow me some time to get them in order.

Thanks for any info or help you may share.

Bob...

Grizzly Ultimate 14" Bandsaw Bob Darrah Woodturning 2 May 3rd 05 02:27 AM
Grizzly Bandsaw? Fred Wray Woodturning 4 August 19th 04 01:54 PM
A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer Darrell Woodworking 5 March 5th 04 12:19 AM
Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw blade question Wayne Brissette Woodworking 4 December 31st 03 12:10 AM
Any Grizzly bandsaw owners ? L. Wilson Woodworking 6 November 15th 03 01:16 AM