Posted to rec.woodworking
Annie Hedden

Default Wooden Dowel Connectors

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect
wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well. Does
such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web for such
a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them. I also tried kite
supply shops without any success, thinking that such a hobby would have
wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Look through Lee Valley catalog. Seems to me , I saw a 90 d dowel in
there.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:01:19 -0500, "Annie Hedden"
wrote:

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect
wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well. Does
such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web for such
a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them. I also tried kite
supply shops without any success, thinking that such a hobby would have
wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"Annie Hedden" wrote:

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect
wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well.
Does such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the
web for such a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them.
I also tried kite supply shops without any success, thinking that
such a hobby would have wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

If you can get dowels in a diameter close to the internal diameter of
plumbing fixtures (PVC or copper or even flexible plastic), there are lots
of connectors available in both metal and plastic for various angles -
including 90. Look in the plumbing department of any hardware store.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Lobby Dosser wrote:

"Annie Hedden" wrote:

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can
connect wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways
as well.
Does such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the
web for such a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of
them.
I also tried kite supply shops without any success, thinking that
such a hobby would have wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

If you can get dowels in a diameter close to the internal diameter of
plumbing fixtures (PVC or copper or even flexible plastic), there are
lots of connectors available in both metal and plastic for various
angles - including 90. Look in the plumbing department of any hardware
store.

Fingers got ahead of my brain. If you can get dowels in the same extarnal
diameter as PVC, or other plumbing pipe ...

Also might search under laboratory supplies for tubing, etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking
beaiii

Tinker Toys...

www.tinkertoy.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul Kierstead

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:01:19 -0500, Annie Hedden wrote:

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect
wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well.
Does such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web
for such a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them. I also
tried kite supply shops without any success, thinking that such a hobby
would have wooden dowel connectors.

Well, if you have a drill, some metal or plastic and a drill bit and you
are in business.
Posted to rec.woodworking
oldwood

Annie Hedden wrote:
I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect
wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well. Does
such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web for such
a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them. I also tried kite
supply shops without any success, thinking that such a hobby would have
wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

If a 90 degree dowel will do, rather than connecting two dowels with a
right angle connector, check out Ou****er Plastics, product numbers
R25-173 and 174 for mitre dowels in 1/4" dia and 3/8" dia., nylon,
respectively. Oldwood