Posted to rec.woodworking
pduck

Default Jevons 3-D Square for cabinet assembly?

Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I JUST used these squares to build a box for the workshop and
they worked GREAT. Held things square and were easy to setup.

Bought mine at a show from the inventor himself.

Was a wise investment of $40. (I got 4 of them). I have
the Rockler squares and not used them as much because
of the "wider" footprint. Not to knock them at all. I got them
because I thought they were good.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Cut some triangles about the same size out of plywood and drill holes large
enough for clamps to fit.

"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG

If you have a friend involved with metal work or construction, you
can use scrap pieces of aluminum or steel angle iron. 3x3x1/4 is
pretty common around construction.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for
keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble
keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this
would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

There was a article and/or a review in one of the mags this past year as I
recall. These were compared along with a set made from some kind of black
composite material (Rocklers ?) and some yellow ones - I suppose from
Stanley or maybe B&D. At any rate - they were judged fine for typical
construction projects but the squares themselves were not square and one set
was off by 1/16". They are not precision made so don't expect to hold an
engineering square up to them and expect them to be dead on.

As someone else already mentioned - save yourself some money and make your
own then they'll be as accurate as you want them to be. I made some out of
hard maple a year ago to hold a double-wide French door set square that I
was making for my niece. Not that I needed the dead-on accuracy for a door
frame but I could hold a Lee Valley 12" square on them and not see any
light.....dumb luck prevails again....;-)

Bob S.

"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Go find the mag and re read it. The ones that the OP are talking about are
machined after forming. It was the plastic ones that weren't worth much.

"BobS" wrote in message
[...]

"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

I agree on that but as I remember (and I certainly could be wrong), the
author made the point that the advertised "precision" specification of .002"
was not met on their sample. None were considered "precision" and the
composite ones were definitely not square. I tried doing an on-line search
on a couple of the mags but nothing came up. If I do find the article, I'll
post the comment.

Bob S.

. net...

"BobS" wrote in message
[...]

"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble
keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike from American Sycamore

I have several sets of the Jevons 3-D squares here at the school and I
have found them to be very useful. IMHO well worth the money. The man
that owns the company is a real gentleman and stands 100% behind his
product.

good luck,
Mike from American Sycamore

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian In Hampton

You could give mine a try....www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
Brian

--
www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
"Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People
"pduck" wrote in message
news
Has anyone had any experience with the Jevons 3-D Square for keeping
cases and cabinets square during assembly? I always have trouble keeping
things dead on square during glue-up and was wondering if this would
help. Thanks

Here's a link:

http://jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html

--
To reply, remove .nojunk from my email address.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian In Hampton

Just thought I wood give another option....
Thanks for looking though.....Brian

--
www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
"Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People
In Large Groups!"
"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'd more likely buy the Jevons.

"Brian In Hampton" wrote in message
You could give mine a try....www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
Brian

--
www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
"Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People
In Large Groups!"
news