Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

Default new dado blade

Well I just received my new "Dadonator" blade from infinity tools. I tried
a couple of trial cuts on laminate , plywood and come oak. I'm very
impressed so far and I like the multiple shims included to get that perfect
fit. Anybody else have any comments on this blade?

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Joe wrote:

Well I just received my new "Dadonator" blade from infinity tools. I tried
a couple of trial cuts on laminate , plywood and come oak. I'm very
impressed so far and I like the multiple shims included to get that perfect
fit. Anybody else have any comments on this blade?

If you are totally happy with it, things can only get worse by
soliciting comments, because sure as hell, SOMEBODY will have something
negative to say about it and then you go back to it to scrutinize it
more closely. (You should have quit while your ahead. g )

I have NO idea what quality the blade you got is, I'm just talking in
general about anytime someone says "x" is great, someone else will chime
in with "x" sucks "because...". They let the wind out of your sails.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

Unless it's a Forrest WW II or a dado king set.

There is no apologizing then..

I gots me a bad WWII once, but they replaced it post haste.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

arw01 wrote:

Unless it's a Forrest WW II or a dado king set.

There is no apologizing then..

I gots me a bad WWII once, but they replaced it post haste.

yeah, I love my WWII and also my Freud SD508, even though I know about
the SD608 and Forest Dado. The tiny, tiny (.007) "bat wings" aren't
visible on the ends once you do a glue up and touch up sanding. At
least not on the few projects I've made with it. Maybe someone else is
even more picky than I am (hard to imagine). g If the outer edges of
the blades weren't slightly longer than the inner portion and the
chippers the 508 wouldn't provide chip-free results in Melamine and ply.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
xcz

"Joe" wrote in message
Well I just received my new "Dadonator" blade from infinity tools. I
tried a couple of trial cuts on laminate , plywood and come oak. I'm very
impressed so far and I like the multiple shims included to get that
perfect fit. Anybody else have any comments on this blade?

Yes. It's a great dado set as you have discovered. I have published a review
of it here http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...ydadonator.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski