Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default new dado blade

arw01 wrote:

Unless it's a Forrest WW II or a dado king set.

There is no apologizing then..

I gots me a bad WWII once, but they replaced it post haste.

yeah, I love my WWII and also my Freud SD508, even though I know about
the SD608 and Forest Dado. The tiny, tiny (.007) "bat wings" aren't
visible on the ends once you do a glue up and touch up sanding. At
least not on the few projects I've made with it. Maybe someone else is
even more picky than I am (hard to imagine). g If the outer edges of
the blades weren't slightly longer than the inner portion and the
chippers the 508 wouldn't provide chip-free results in Melamine and ply.

Dave