Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Grizzly tablesaws

Okay, Christmas is coming and so I can treat myself to a table saw. I
think I've pretty much settled on getting a Grizzly. It's in my price
range and it seems to be more than enough saw for me.

The two models I'm looking at are the G0444 and the G0575. They're both
1 1/2 HP models, look fairly identical. The g0575 is only $20 more, but
I can't figure out what you get for the extra $20.

Heck, given the amount of money I'll spend on blades, it's almost
ridiculous to even debate the $20 difference ... but still, it would be
nice to know if there is in fact any difference between the two.

Anyone out there know?

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
Okay, Christmas is coming and so I can treat myself to a table saw. I
think I've pretty much settled on getting a Grizzly. It's in my price
range and it seems to be more than enough saw for me.

The two models I'm looking at are the G0444 and the G0575. They're both 1
1/2 HP models, look fairly identical. The g0575 is only $20 more, but I
can't figure out what you get for the extra $20.

Heck, given the amount of money I'll spend on blades, it's almost
ridiculous to even debate the $20 difference ... but still, it would be
nice to know if there is in fact any difference between the two.

Anyone out there know?

I would look closely at the information on each saw. But the obvious thing
to me that jumped out when I read the info on both saws was that one was
wired for 110 volts and the other was wired for 220 volts. I am sure there
could be more diferences though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The 575 is left-tilt. I have the 444Z ... right tilt, 220, cast iron
wings, no complaints.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

If you can add a little more cash, you might consider the G0444Z. You get a
little more horsepower and the cast iron wings. I think you'll find the
investment well worth it in the long run.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Ah ... LT vs. RT. The extra half horsepower is very tempting, but (hope
I don't start a firestorm here), I thought the consensus was that LT is
a better way to go. You know, for safety reasons.

Jack

RonB wrote:
If you can add a little more cash, you might consider the G0444Z. You get a
little more horsepower and the cast iron wings. I think you'll find the
investment well worth it in the long run.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message news
Ah ... LT vs. RT. The extra half horsepower is very tempting, but (hope I
don't start a firestorm here), I thought the consensus was that LT is a
better way to go. You know, for safety reasons.

I don't think it will start a firestorm but the subject does come up fairly
often. I agonized over the LT vs RT question for a while before I made the
conversion with my Grizzly 1023s. After I used it for a week or two I
forgot about the difference. The safety guys have good arguments but table
saws in general require a great deal of caution.

If you go with the bigger machine I think you will appreciate the cast iron
fence as much as the power. It will be heavier. Might consider a mobile
base.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

"AL" wrote in message
Are you absolutely sure you don't want a G1023?

Yeah, I was thinking that too when I posted my response. I absolutely love
mine and I believe it is the best value available in the table/cabinet saw
market.

RonB