Posted to rec.woodworking
blondie25197

Default Clifton Multiplane, 1984

Hi all

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but here goes... My grandfather has
been an avid collector of hand tools, but is now looking to downsize
his collection due to his age / running out of room. He has asked me to
research one of them, a Clifton Multi-plane, to see how much it is
worth, how he could sell it.

It is in a beautiful wooden box (scratched a bit in places but still
really nice), comes complete with all pieces (I have checked them
individulaly against the diagram on the lid), lists December 1984 in
the 'How to use your Multi-Plane' booklet inside it, and has never been
used. The metal parts are slightly rusty / etc, in a few places, but
anyone who knew what they were doing could get rid of it, and it
wouldn't affect the performance anyhow.

Would anybody be able to advise us on how much it might be worth / how
we could sell it? He's nervous at putting it on ebay as he wants it to
go to an appreciative home!!

Any help much appreciated by both of us.

Kindest Regards,
Blondie25197

Posted to rec.woodworking
blondie25197

PS - Also inside is a blue roll with 24 original unused cutters inside
it

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

blondie25197 wrote:

to see how much it is
worth, how he could sell it.

Ebay - people bid on it so it goes for the highest price someone is
willing to pay (by definition, that is how much it is worth)

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
RzB

I assume you are aware of the price of a new one...?

http://tinyurl.com/8legu

Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Nov 2005 08:21:53 -0800, "blondie25197"
wrote:

[...]

you might want to contact pat leach:

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I assume you are aware of the price of a new one...?

http://tinyurl.com/8legu

Roy

I'd say so... £534.63 = $918.9477 currently.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"blondie25197" wrote:

Would anybody be able to advise us on how much it might be worth / how
we could sell it? He's nervous at putting it on ebay as he wants it to
go to an appreciative home!!

Given the price it is likely to fetch on e-bay, odds are Very Good it will
find an appreciative home. Take a look at planes selling currently and
previously on e-bay before you list. You may also want to check with
honestjohn36 (e-bay id), who may be able to give you some tips. He is a UK
based tool dealer and Is very honest. I've purchased from him.