Genedoc

Default A small gloat

A couple of weeks ago, traveled to the Woodworking Show at Orange
County Fairgrounds with a fellow wood worker. We both had Friday off
so thought we would beat the weekend crowd. Having gotten the
Craftsman 100 table saw restored and tuned, thought a planer would be a
nice addition to the shop. Was looking at and lusting after the DeWalt
735, they had a package with stand, dust hood and extra knives that was
about $600. Wandered the show and kept finding my self back at that
display. While standing there wondering how to explain spending the
money to SHMBO, another show visitor said he had a 733 used very little
and would sell it for $150.00 so he could buy the newer model. When he
offered to deliver it, I said bring it home. Looks brand new, planes
like a champ and even had the dust hood attached. Now I find I want to
go stand by bigger tools a lot ;-). David

tom

Ya done good there. The guy that went for the 735 will have to buy new
blades more often. Tom

David

Genedoc wrote:

Now I find I want to
go stand by bigger tools a lot ;-). David

You must be very secure. g

Dave
Genedoc

Nice catch on that set up line, I am laughing so hard I almost can't
type.

David.

David

Genedoc wrote:

Nice catch on that set up line, I am laughing so hard I almost can't
type.

David.

VBG I just COULDN'T pass that one up! Glad you liked it!

Dave

Odinn

On 11/15/2005 2:36 PM Genedoc mumbled something about the following:
A couple of weeks ago, traveled to the Woodworking Show at Orange
County Fairgrounds with a fellow wood worker. We both had Friday off
so thought we would beat the weekend crowd. Having gotten the
Craftsman 100 table saw restored and tuned, thought a planer would be a
nice addition to the shop. Was looking at and lusting after the DeWalt
735, they had a package with stand, dust hood and extra knives that was
about $600. Wandered the show and kept finding my self back at that
display. While standing there wondering how to explain spending the
money to SHMBO, another show visitor said he had a 733 used very little
and would sell it for $150.00 so he could buy the newer model. When he
offered to deliver it, I said bring it home. Looks brand new, planes
like a champ and even had the dust hood attached. Now I find I want to
go stand by bigger tools a lot ;-). David

I just picked up a "used once" 733 for $200. You did better than I did.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Just a quick note: I have a 733 myself and I'm very happy with it. I
don't get out to the shop nearly as often as I'd like, but when I do
I'm prone to run kiln dried white or red oak through it, and it's held
up very well.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought the 733 when the 735 came out and I've run a LOT of boards
through it. Now it's time to put on the spare set of knives and get the
originals sharpened, and I can't think of a reason I'd want the 735.

Even if I DID spend a hundred bucks more than you did. You suck.

But I got a DW screwdriver thrown in. I didn't like that driver when I
first used it. Too big for a powered screwdriver, too small for a
drill. It wasn't until I realized I was grabbing it ever time I need to
do deck or fencing that I began to think I might have been a little
hasty.

But you still suck.
Oh, and if you don't have a spare set of knives, get some quick.
They're getting hard to find already. And if that dust hood is plastic,
see if you can get the new model.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 11/17/2005 5:08 PM mumbled something about the
following:
I bought the 733 when the 735 came out and I've run a LOT of boards
through it. Now it's time to put on the spare set of knives and get the
originals sharpened, and I can't think of a reason I'd want the 735.

Even if I DID spend a hundred bucks more than you did. You suck.

But I got a DW screwdriver thrown in. I didn't like that driver when I
first used it. Too big for a powered screwdriver, too small for a
drill. It wasn't until I realized I was grabbing it ever time I need to
do deck or fencing that I began to think I might have been a little
hasty.

But you still suck.
Oh, and if you don't have a spare set of knives, get some quick.
They're getting hard to find already. And if that dust hood is plastic,
see if you can get the new model.

Found knives here.
http://store.yahoo.com/tylertool/dedwreknford.html
and here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...28013&v=glance
and here
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332/

and several other places, just DAGS for DW7332, and there's a lot of
places that sell them.