Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Thomas Bunetta

Default SWAG requested (by math impaired person:)

Hi guys,
I'm going to be moving to Tennessee this summer, and that means moving my
shop and my "stash" of lumber.

I need an estimate of the weight of the lumber to determine if my trailer
will carry it.

The bulk of the wood is cherry, with a fair amount of walnut and a lesser
amount of aromatic cedar.
The gross dimensions of the pile are 7' wide by 12' long by 4'10" high.
About 1/4 of the width of the pile is 8'3" cherry, the rest are about 12'
long and consist of the above woods (the cedar will amount to 1.5 feet wide
by 12' long and 4' high.

I understand that only a SWAG is possible with the information given, but
the collective knowledge of this group has never let me down before.

Thanks in advance,
Tom