Posted to rec.woodworking
larry

Default SWAG requested (by math impaired person:)

LTL means less than load meanibg the truck is not filled full and can cary
something else to use what would be wasted space. Larry
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in message
snip
The answer is a resounding NO, Tom. Not in one or two trips.
See if you can find a locally owned truck firm who needs LTL filler
loads to that area or ask your moving firm for a big break in cost.

snip
You have roughly 280 cubic feet of cherry/walnut and 72 c/f of cedar
lumber. The cherry weighs 12,768 lbs and the cedar 2,768.4 lbs
according to this calc: http://www.csgnetwork.com/lumberweight.html
using black cherry and red cedar weights.

It appears that the walnut is 4.8 lbs/ft, cherry 3.8, and cedar 3.1.
Wood is DAMNED heavy.

G'luck!

Thanks Larry... after moving it from it's present location I knew it was
gonna be heavy, I was surprised at the weights posted here, though.
What does LTL stand for?
Tom