Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Toller

Default Casters for the bottom of a Performax 16/32

The performax coasters are $130, but Rockler has similar (identical?) ones
for $40. Okay, not too bad.
I have a set of plastic casters from a dust collector that I have never
used. Similar ones in the Rockler catalog are rated at 90 pounds per
coaster. I don't think I would have any qualms about standing on a skid
with them, and I weight rather more than a 16/32 and a board; but the
thought of that heavy machine on those plastic casters.... I guess if a
skid I am standing on breaks, not much happens; but if the 16/32 caster
breaks I lose an $800 machine and whatever it lands on.

Am I being cheap for thinking of doing it, hysterical for rejecting it,
both, neither?