Lee Gordon

Default Musical instrument display case

My friend Doug had this case built for guitars, not trumpets but you might
want to take a look for some inspiration. This one is made from a
combination of birch and cherry. He originally posted the pictures on the
web to gauge whether there was sufficient interest among guitar collectors
to attempt to market them. I think he has decided he will.

http://home.comcast.net/~leegordonpr...t/display.html

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Lee Michaels

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
My friend Doug had this case built for guitars, not trumpets but you might
want to take a look for some inspiration. This one is made from a
combination of birch and cherry. He originally posted the pictures on the
web to gauge whether there was sufficient interest among guitar collectors
to attempt to market them. I think he has decided he will.

http://home.comcast.net/~leegordonpr...t/display.html

I hadn't seen this. It looks good!

I don't know anybody who has a display unitlike this. But if you have some
expensive, collector typs of guitars, they deserve a good home!

I knew some doll collectors. The constantly complained about not hve
suitable display cases for their dolls. There is so much money into these
dolls that spending some bucks on the display case was no problem. It helped
to protect their investment.

Eventually somebody started to make them in his garage workshop. Displayed
them at some kind of sewing expo. He got all kinds of business from that.

Swingman

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I don't know anybody who has a display unitlike this. But if you have some
expensive, collector typs of guitars, they deserve a good home!

Amazing the difference in attitude of some folks about their axes ... I've a
friend with an all original late 50's P-Bass that doesn't even have a case,
he just carries the damn thing around from gig to gig by the neck, but man
alive can he play. I can't help but get a kick out of imagining what his
reaction to that display case would be.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Don

"Lee Gordon" wrote
My friend Doug had this case built for guitars, not trumpets but you might
want to take a look for some inspiration. This one is made from a
combination of birch and cherry. He originally posted the pictures on the
web to gauge whether there was sufficient interest among guitar collectors
to attempt to market them. I think he has decided he will.

http://home.comcast.net/~leegordonpr...t/display.html

Very nice.
The cabinets not bad either. ;-)
Do you know anything about the overhead hangers, where they came from, etc.?

Lee Gordon

Very nice.
The cabinets not bad either. ;-)
Do you know anything about the overhead hangers, where they came from, etc.?

The hangers were designed by my friend (sort of a hybrid of two existing
designs) and he had them fabricated at a local machine shop. I am trying to
convince him that there is a separate market for the hardware in addition to
a potential market for the cabinets.
BTW, he also designed the storage space at the bottom of the cabinet so that
it can accomodate 6 full size guitar cases. He calls that feature the "wife
pleaser."

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Don

"Lee Gordon" wrote
Very nice.
The cabinets not bad either. ;-)
Do you know anything about the overhead hangers, where they came from,
etc.?

The hangers were designed by my friend (sort of a hybrid of two existing
designs) and he had them fabricated at a local machine shop. I am trying
to convince him that there is a separate market for the hardware in
addition to a potential market for the cabinets.

Certainly. If he makes it into production make sure you post them in this
group.
I'll take a dozen right now and my cousin could feasibly use more than 100!

BTW, he also designed the storage space at the bottom of the cabinet so
that it can accomodate 6 full size guitar cases. He calls that feature
the "wife pleaser."

Ah yes, even if the *sticks* are displayed nicely, as yours are, we still
have to find a place for them pesky HSC's.
Curious, do have any innovative storage solutions for amps, processors,
cords and uh, accessories?

I have all of my *good stuff in cases in the closet, which is a pain to get
out all the time, so I keep my *worker* hanging right here on the wall next
to my desk for those frequent times when the *urge* takes me. Its usually
pretty dusty, its a Fernandes Nomad.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

Certainly. If he makes it into production make sure you post them in this
group.
I'll take a dozen right now and my cousin could feasibly use more than
100!

I just spoke to my friend and conveyed the above information to him and he
was mildly shocked. Assuming the e-mail address in your header info is a
legit one (not specially munged like mine) you may be hearing from Doug
shortly but if you don't you can contact him at
.

In fact, since he has decided to market the cabinets, he has put up his own
website
www.guitarcollectorshowcase.com and if you go to the Gallery page
there are a couple of pictures that give you a better view of the hangers
than my photo gallery did.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Lee Gordon" wrote

Certainly. If he makes it into production make sure you post them in
this
group.
I'll take a dozen right now and my cousin could feasibly use more than
100!

I just spoke to my friend and conveyed the above information to him and he
was mildly shocked. Assuming the e-mail address in your header info is a
legit one (not specially munged like mine) you may be hearing from Doug
shortly but if you don't you can contact him at
.

In fact, since he has decided to market the cabinets, he has put up his
own website
www.guitarcollectorshowcase.com and if you go to the Gallery
page there are a couple of pictures that give you a better view of the
hangers than my photo gallery did.

Again, this is good stuff.

I am always inspired to see somebody step forward and offer something that
is unique and a quality product that meets a genuine need.

Tell your friend that he is doing good and hope to see more creativity and
products from him in the future.

Display caess are a niche market. Maybe he can offer some more cases for
both gitars and other markets as well.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Don

"Lee Gordon" wrote
Certainly. If he makes it into production make sure you post them in
this
group.
I'll take a dozen right now and my cousin could feasibly use more than
100!

I just spoke to my friend and conveyed the above information to him and he
was mildly shocked. Assuming the e-mail address in your header info is a
legit one (not specially munged like mine) you may be hearing from Doug
shortly but if you don't you can contact him at
.

In fact, since he has decided to market the cabinets, he has put up his
own website
www.guitarcollectorshowcase.com and if you go to the Gallery
page there are a couple of pictures that give you a better view of the
hangers than my photo gallery did.

The email address if fake, but I'll go to the link above and check it out.
Thanks Lee!

Musical instrument display case Don Woodworking 0 November 13th 05 04:47 PM
INSPIRATION - UNIFORM CASE J T Woodworking 0 July 24th 05 06:53 PM
HD foam for laptop case? T i m UK diy 42 April 23rd 04 02:59 PM
Question on flag display case PC Gameplayer Woodworking 15 November 29th 03 05:35 AM
INSPIRATION - WATCH DISPLAY CASE T. Woodworking 0 October 21st 03 05:52 PM