Tom Woodman

Default Do you have a dual drum sander?

My dual drum sander came with 5" wide sandpaper on its drums. The drums are
5" diameter.
I couldnt find 5" paper in stock so I bought some (a lot?) of 3" paper.
The problem is that when I wind the paper around the drum it doesnt line up
to the slot on the right hand end the way the original 5" paper did.
I can't get the end trimmed properly to get it into the catch. I think I
must not be cutting the start side to the proper angle although the paper
is winding on at about 45degrees which looks like a good angle.
Is there a template for cutting different widths of paper or do I just have
to experiment and waste a lot of expensive paper?

Tom in Victoria

Juergen Hannappel

"Tom Woodman" writes:

My dual drum sander came with 5" wide sandpaper on its drums. The drums are
5" diameter.

[...]

Is there a template for cutting different widths of paper or do I just have
to experiment and waste a lot of expensive paper?

Experiment and waste cheap packing paper or old newspapers. Once you
find the right cut move to expensive sandpaper...

Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23
dadiOH

Tom Woodman wrote:
My dual drum sander came with 5" wide sandpaper on its drums. The
drums are 5" diameter.
I couldnt find 5" paper in stock so I bought some (a lot?) of 3"
paper. The problem is that when I wind the paper around the drum it
doesnt line up to the slot on the right hand end the way the original
5" paper did.
I can't get the end trimmed properly to get it into the catch. I
think I must not be cutting the start side to the proper angle
although the paper is winding on at about 45degrees which looks like
a good angle.
Is there a template for cutting different widths of paper or do I
just have to experiment and waste a lot of expensive paper?

Wind it on then run a pencil around the underside on the right, trim to
pencil line.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...