Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ddakadmc

Default affordable planer

Good morning from arizona...

I am pretty new to woodworking and am setting up my shop in my garage.
I want to buy a planer and really like the DeWalt 735 but the $499
price tag is really beyond my grasp right now.

What planer(s) would you suggest under $400 and why. Also, how do you
limit snipe in a planer, it seems like such a waste of wood? Or, would
you suggest a reconditioned DeWalt 735 for $369 (but it only has a 1
year warranty and would need to be shipped).

Thanks in advance. I have learned a lot from reading these posts, and
yes, I did a search on planers but did not find anything along this
path.

Have a great day!

Wixey Digital Readout For Planer [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 23rd 05 07:39 PM
JOINTING WITH A PLANER J T Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 11:54 PM
DIY planer blade sharpening revisitied:-) Lyndell Thompson Woodworking 0 March 25th 04 03:15 AM
Wide Planer, or Compact Planer + Wide Sander? Nate B Woodworking 5 January 21st 04 08:19 PM
DeWalt 735 planer review. BRFordJr Woodworking 11 December 16th 03 03:44 PM