Joe

Default dado blade

I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

Greg G.

Joe said:

I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

DAGS - (Do a Google Search in this group.)

Briefly, Forrest Dado King and Freud's are popular. Some report good
results from CMT and others. Depends on how deep your pocket is, and
what you plan to do. But almost ANY decent blade is better than a
wobble, IMHO.

Greg G.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe" wrote in message
I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

www.ridgecarbidetool.com
www.infinitytools.com
Also Forrest, Freud, and probably a couple of others. It has been discussed
here many times so go to google groups for a search.

xcz

"Joe" wrote in message
I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

Freud or Infinity make nice blades
Here's my review of the Infinity 8" Dadonator set:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...ydadonator.htm
Hope that helps!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor
OnlineToolReviews.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 4 Reviews:
- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole System:
http://onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregk3.htm
- Incra Miter Express:
http://onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews...terExpress.htm
- Ozito Metal Cutting Circular Saw:
http://onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews...cuttingsaw.htm
- Veritas Shoulder Plane:
http://onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews...ulderplane.htm

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

I recently (last week) asked the same question here. I tried to order the Infinity Dadonator but Infinity did not have it available, they are on backorder, no blems available. Fwiw, for less then the cost of the Dadaonator I was able to buy the Freud dial-a-width SD608 dado set ($400msrp, $250 street price) brand new from a tool store on Ebay, a little less than $190 delivered. The Dadonator is $200 and Infinity should give you free shipping on it, so only $10 diff between those two.

Joe

Wel after careful consideration I ordered the Dadonator. They offered a $10
rebate a $3 web saving and free shipping. Total cost was$166. It should be
here 2-5 days, I'll let you know how it works out
"Joe" wrote in message
I'm looking for a dado blade. I have been using an older craftsman wobble
blade and I think it's time to upgrade. Any suggestions on different
brands etc. Thanks

bob

One of my smartest tool "upgrades" was to get rid of my Craftsman POS wobble
dado and buy a Forrest Dado King. You don't realize what a lousy design
that wobble is until you buy ANYTHING else.