JoeInAZ

Default Rigid Compound Miter Fence Drifts

I have a 12" Rigid Compound Miter saw that I can not keep the fence straight
on. It drifts about 1/16 on the left side. I have tried following Rigids
alignment tips but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions.

rickluce

Glad you asked that question. I too have 12" Rigid compound miter saw
that I question its accuracy. Is it your fence or is the blade moving
on you? Or do you mean it just has a curvature to it. I didn't have to
adjust my fence out of the box and every time I do a 90 on the blade it
looks DNO. The fence is a solid piece that is affixed with two allen
head bolts on the right side. I imagine that, if its moving you can
check the holding power of these bolts. A washer might do the trick or
even one of those washer with the little grippy grooves to help stop
the movement. It seems that I probably have a deflection problem with
the blade or I'm just a crappy woodworker. To be honest I was thinking
of replacing my Rigid CMS for a Bosch sliding compound for hacking up
wide rough boards. Well, I've been no help.