B Man

Default Triton Respirator

I've been thinking about a Triton Respirator for a couple years now. I love
playing with my lathe, and the amount of dust it kicks up is sometimes a
problem. I have a beard, so normal masks don't fit very well, and because I
wear glasses, the masks tend to make my glasses steam up.

I've read a couple of reviews (about a year ago) on the Triton system, and
it sounds pretty good. The one complaint I have read however is that the
air hose is a little inflexible. Triton's comment was that they were fixing
it.

Has anyone actually seen / used this newer unit yet? Any comments?

Thanks

Brian

gw

"B Man" wrote in message
.. .
I've been thinking about a Triton Respirator for a couple years now. I
love playing with my lathe, and the amount of dust it kicks up is
sometimes a problem. I have a beard, so normal masks don't fit very well,
and because I wear glasses, the masks tend to make my glasses steam up.

I've read a couple of reviews (about a year ago) on the Triton system, and
it sounds pretty good. The one complaint I have read however is that the
air hose is a little inflexible. Triton's comment was that they were
fixing it.

Has anyone actually seen / used this newer unit yet? Any comments?

Thanks

Brian

Not that unit exactly, but I have a Trend Airshield, and am very happy with
it. No hose.

tom

No comments, except my friends can tell when I've been creating a lot
of sawdust. I shave my beard off. Cheaper that way. Tom

Barry Lennox

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:18:18 -0500, "B Man" wrote:

I've been thinking about a Triton Respirator for a couple years now. I love
playing with my lathe, and the amount of dust it kicks up is sometimes a
problem. I have a beard, so normal masks don't fit very well, and because I
wear glasses, the masks tend to make my glasses steam up.

I've read a couple of reviews (about a year ago) on the Triton system, and
it sounds pretty good. The one complaint I have read however is that the
air hose is a little inflexible. Triton's comment was that they were fixing
it.

Has anyone actually seen / used this newer unit yet? Any comments?

Yes, seen it/worn it at a demo. The hose comment is correct, but it's
not too much of a big deal. They are quite pricey though.

If you want to save some $$$ I have an article (somewhere) about
making your own. Basically, it's an industrial safety (hard) hat with
clear visor, then with a piece of cloth and elastic border
sewed/attached with Velcro around the whole thing. Air is fed in from
an old hair dryer (heater removed !!) and perhaps 3-4 feet of soft
flexi hose. The author reckoned it beat all the commercial units,
including the Racal airstream. It's on my list of things to make when
I get a Round Tuit.

Barry Lennox

Mike Marlow

"Barry Lennox" wrote in message
[...]

Which is probably a lot better approach for woodworkers than shelling out
$300 for a respirator system. In the woodworking world everything is pretty
much big stuff - easy to filter. Simple to accomplish in the above manner.
In the painting world it's a different story. But then again in the
painting world you can't get out of a good respirator for a measly $300
either.

--

-Mike-

CW

Great news. You can buy those.
http://www.ituit.com/index.php?cPath...57bd342 01d97
9c11
"Barry Lennox" wrote in message

when I get a Round Tuit.

Best modern Router table Router? [email protected] Woodworking 21 February 24th 05 06:01 AM
Triton Respirator irwin Woodturning 0 November 16th 04 12:50 PM
Triton Respirator Tim Schubach Woodturning 23 August 18th 04 06:15 AM