Default Moulding on Table Saw

Some time ago there was a link on this newsgroup for a program that
helped to determine the angle and blade height use to run a board
across a 10" table saw to cut coves for moulding for specific profiles.
I had it on another computer but now can't find it.

Anyone know where it might be?

Thanks

Seems like I remember that you entered the wood dimensions (width and
thicknes), the blade tilt and height and the angle across the blade and
it displayed an image of what the cove actually looked like. It saves
a lot of trial and error to get a desired profile. I think you could
also enter the rouigh radius and width of the cove and it would give
the other parameters (angle, blade heigth and tilt).

Found it here ! !

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticle...html#downloads

loutent

In article .com,
wrote:

Some time ago there was a link on this newsgroup for a program that
helped to determine the angle and blade height use to run a board
across a 10" table saw to cut coves for moulding for specific profiles.
I had it on another computer but now can't find it.

Anyone know where it might be?

Thanks

Cut some scrap (I used plywood) to the width
you want.

Clamp a straight edge at (say) 30 degrees
across your TS.

Raise the blade a little. Make a pass (slowly).

Change the angle/height...

Repeat a couple times 'till you get what
you want.

A lot more fun than trying to measure
exact angles/chords etc - and you will
get the desired profile.

Ain't rocket science-unless you make
it so (and you certainly can.)

Lou
Brendan

This advice of lou's is the best so far as I see
a good woodworker knows some geometry but I'll bet trial and error are
the most practical and time efficient and you get your setup that much
faster as well..
just my 2 cents... nice group here...
loutent wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Some time ago there was a link on this newsgroup for a program that
helped to determine the angle and blade height use to run a board
across a 10" table saw to cut coves for moulding for specific profiles.
I had it on another computer but now can't find it.

Anyone know where it might be?

Thanks

Cut some scrap (I used plywood) to the width
you want.

Clamp a straight edge at (say) 30 degrees
across your TS.

Raise the blade a little. Make a pass (slowly).

Change the angle/height...

Repeat a couple times 'till you get what
you want.

A lot more fun than trying to measure
exact angles/chords etc - and you will
get the desired profile.

Ain't rocket science-unless you make
it so (and you certainly can.)

Lou

Robatoy

In article ,
Guess who wrote:

[or slide
rule?]

The only slide rule I know of is:
Never go down a steel playground slide in your bare ass in the middle of
a Kanuckistani winter.

....or so I'm told.
Mike Marlow

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Guess who wrote:

[or slide
rule?]

The only slide rule I know of is:
Never go down a steel playground slide in your bare ass in the middle of
a Kanuckistani winter.

.... and never stick your tongue on a steel slide on a cold winter's day
after someone else *has* gone done it in their bare ass!

--

-Mike-

Robatoy

In article ,
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Guess who wrote:

[or slide
rule?]

The only slide rule I know of is:
Never go down a steel playground slide in your bare ass in the middle of
a Kanuckistani winter.

... and never stick your tongue on a steel slide on a cold winter's day
after someone else *has* gone done it in their bare ass!

but we digress...