Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike O.

Default cheap router bits

The other day we gathered up all of the dull saw blades, joiner knives
and router bits to take to the sharpener. Thinking that we wouldn't
need any ogee bits for a week or so we took all of them, along with
everything else we could find that was dull.

Sure enough, two days later we needed an ogee bit. We ran down to
the borg and the only ogee they had was a Vermont American carbide.
We thought, "what the hell we need it now" and bought it.

I swear that all of the dull bits we sent to the sharpener were
sharper than the brand new VA right out of the box. The bit was
cheap at $16 but that was about $15 too much and that's only if the
bearing is worth a buck. We could have driven another ten miles and
poked around in the display case with all of the shiny blue Bosch
bits.

I don't know why I do that kinda stuff!!!

Mike O.