Creekbuster

Default mobile base for Rikon 18" bandsaw

I just ordered a Rikon 18" bandsaw and my shop is a little small at time for
cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was wondering
what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"
JJ

I have been looking at 18" band saws. Any particular reason for choosing the
Rikon?

I just ordered a Rikon 18" bandsaw and my shop is a little small at time for

cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was wondering
what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"

Leon

"JJ" wrote in message
I have been looking at 18" band saws. Any particular reason for choosing
the
Rikon?

For the price range I would probably get the Rikon also. It has gotten
great reviews and comes out on top in most of the comparisons when compared
to the typical Asian built Jet, Delta, Grizzly, etc.

Creekbuster

The great reviews and now $100.00 off at Woodcraft. $899.00
JJ wrote:

I have been looking at 18" band saws. Any particular reason for choosing the
Rikon?

Why not get one of those HTC bases that WoodCraft
sells? Supports up to 700lbs, should be fine with
your bandsaw. I'm going to order one of the Rikon's
myself this month. Sale on at WC.

MJ Wallace

Mark L.

Add me to the list of people who got one. The sale at Woodcraft was the
tip in for me. I almost bought a used Jet 16" from Craigslist, but it
was already sold. The owner said he sold it because the blade guides
were poorly designed and deflected way too much for resawing. He
suggested the Delta 14" Heavy Duty. Also, the new Jet saws were
'reengineered' the be more rigid. After consulting the Oracle of WWing
here, it was said that Rikon had gotten good reviews. Woodcraft had both
on display and I liked the rigidity of the Rikon. And the $100 off
clinched the deal.

Creekbuster wrote:
I just ordered a Rikon 18" bandsaw and my shop is a little small at time for
cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was wondering
what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"

Tom Banes

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:48:26 -0500, JJ wrote:

I have been looking at 18" band saws. Any particular reason for choosing the
Rikon?

Current issue (Nov 2005) of Wood Magazine has a test write up on 6 16"
and 18" BS. Rikon came out on top, with Griz G0513 the best value.
$100 off the Rikon at WC gets the price pretty close.

Leon

"Creekbuster" wrote in message
I just ordered a Rikon 18" bandsaw and my shop is a little small at time
for
cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was
wondering
what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"

Here is a link to a review and links at the bottom to other magazine
reviews.

http://home.comcast.net/~hypot/Tools_Sub/RikonBS.htm

Gary A in KC

Try the universal mobile base at woodcraft.

http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5114

I put this under my Rikon and like it so much bought another to put under my
jointer.

Gary in KC

m...