HMFIC-1369

Default Recommended Glue for Edge Glueing on Floating Floor

Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options. They
Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better?
Thanks, Joe

Duane Bozarth

HMFIC-1369 wrote:

Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options. They
Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better?

Better than the manufacturer's recommendation, that is???
HMFIC-1369

Well it's confusing the Manufacturers recommend the Urethane "Gorilla" type
glue now. The Floor removed used yellow wood glue and that stuck pretty damn
good. I've used Gorilla glue and I do question it's long term capacity.

Yellow "wood" Glue has been around many life times over. Whereas the foam
glues are relatively new. Neither you or myself will know if it will last
30, 40 or 50 years... (this floor 20+) was in fine shape with the exception
of a flood damaged area!

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
HMFIC-1369 wrote:

Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options.

They
Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better?

Better than the manufacturer's recommendation, that is???

No

I couldn't imagine using a gorrila type glue to install laminate
flooring. My experience is they foam up and need to be scrapoed to
clean the joint. I used the mfg's glue for a floor I did and I could of
sworn it was Elemrs white glue, it looked, smelled and tasted just like
I remember!

CW

Go with what the manufacturer says. If there is a problem later, they will
blame you for not fallowing the instructions. Also, as it is to their
benifit to have it work, I doubt they would steer you wrong.
"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options.

They
Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better?
Thanks, Joe

199.45.49.11

I agree, I'm looking into alternatives. I personally do not believe the
Urethane type glues will hold up. I'll certainly present this to Armstrong
and see what they recommend.... They can recommend a wood glue since they've
been recommending that type for 30 years anyway!

"CW" wrote in message
.net...
Go with what the manufacturer says. If there is a problem later, they will
blame you for not fallowing the instructions. Also, as it is to their
benifit to have it work, I doubt they would steer you wrong.
"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options.

They
Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better?
Thanks, Joe

'Floating' hardwood floor, a couple of queries [email protected] UK diy 18 October 24th 05 08:35 PM
About Hot Hide Glue Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 1 May 9th 04 03:43 AM
If glue is stronger than the wood, do you need to use screws when attaching legs to a table? YJJim Woodworking 3 December 18th 03 03:29 PM
Floating wood floor. ian UK diy 4 July 25th 03 06:44 PM
Glueless laminate floor and glue.. Abso UK diy 11 July 14th 03 10:49 PM