Randy A

Default FA: Rockwell 4692 Porta Plane

Rockwell 4692 Porta Planer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Includes:

a.. Metal storage/carrying case
b.. Rockwell 4692 Porta Plane with owner's manual
c.. Sharpening attachment and ancillary items with user manual

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:06:53 -0500, Randy A wrote:
Rockwell 4692 Porta Planer

What's it for?

Randy A

Think of it as a hand held jointer. It is primarily used for planing the
edge of boards or doors. It can also be used to bevel an edge.

Randy

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:06:53 -0500, Randy A
wrote:
Rockwell 4692 Porta Planer

What's it for?

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:32:01 -0500, Randy A wrote:
Think of it as a hand held jointer. It is primarily used for planing the
edge of boards or doors. It can also be used to bevel an edge.

And this claims to be a precision tool, does it?

DanG

I'm not crazy about supporting anything about advertising,
especially ebay stuff, but the tool is an excellent tool owned by
about every wood door hanger in the country. Precision in the
hands of an experienced craftsman.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote:
Think of it as a hand held jointer. It is primarily used for
planing the
edge of boards or doors. It can also be used to bevel an edge.

And this claims to be a precision tool, does it?

LRod

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:01:21 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

(top posted for your convenience)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like that. I'm going to implement that in my postings. It perfectly
illustrates why top posting so often makes sense. Ought to really
drive the netKops nuts. Of course if the netwits would learn to edit,
there wouldn't be any debate.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

On 22 Oct 2005 13:45:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:32:01 -0500, Randy A wrote:
Think of it as a hand held jointer. It is primarily used for planing the
edge of boards or doors. It can also be used to bevel an edge.

And this claims to be a precision tool, does it?

it's as close to a precision tool as you'll get in a handheld machine.
it's a high quality tool.